Anyone going to Gauley Fest?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Joey

Post by Joey »

Marshall, if kneal is to busy, i would be more than happy to go paddling with ya. i live right in the fan, and have all mt evenings free to paddle. let me know if you want to get together sometime ---joey
mshelton
CBoats Addict

Post by mshelton »

Sounds good, send me an email. My address is mshelton@cavtel.net. Actually it was me that was too busy to paddle not Kneal.
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Hey, Joey!

Post by KNeal »

Ha! Caught ya, Joey, trying to muscle your way into my fun time :x ! Shame on you! You now have to call me and paddle this week :D ! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

BTW, is your girlfriend coming up this coming weekend? Ellen is driving up Friday night and would like someone in the car with her.

Call me, 405-3767.

KNeal

Post by Guest »

no, camille has training all week. i think she is going to VMI or something. i will call you ,and we can go paddle this week. i think we are actually going up to Z-dam right now. maybe ill see you there :D --- joey
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

one word... isabelle
Last edited by Craig Smerda on Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Final tentative schedule

Post by KNeal »

Due to weather predictions, Mike and I will drive up Friday morning, so anyone wanting to meet up and paddle Friday, hang out between 10:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. at the truckstop on Rt. 19 across from the road that takes you to Gauley. We'll plan our paddling then. If I do not arrive by 10:30, you are welcome to make your own plans and not wait on me (weather make knock out power and delay our departure).

For paddling Saturday, everyone meet at the truckstop between 9:00-9:30 and decide what to paddle. I am looking forward to seeing you there :D .

KNeal

P.S. I call dibs on Bernie's glass c-1 Godzilla for Saturday :P !
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Ahhhh.....

Post by PAC »

AHhhhhh….. Kayakers!!! Their shaving my buzz! They now can’t leave until Sat. early AM. But since they are my long time traveling companions (aka: gas and beer money) I’m most likely going to wait on them.
However, if they look like they are going to "punk out" on me (one never knows with that kind) I’ll be heading south Friday evening (playing it lose at this point).
KNeal I believe you have my cell number (I know I have yours – unless you changed it (last 4 digits 3767)). Call me on Friday evening with your plans / or how things are going down. Thanks!
Oh and Dave, the kayker you practiced river rescues with, might show, based on the knowledge his guarding C1er will be there. 8)

Also, are there any suggested alternative runs for the posse if the rain makes the G to big?
Looking for thoughts up front so folks and think about them and get a comfort level. I’m sure some of you will be willing to run the local drainage ditches if the levels are right! :o
Finally, I understand there may be some H2s, H3s or G3s around and I might be interested in borrowing one of them (looking to expand the quiver)!
CU in West, by GOD Virginieeee this weekend! :P
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!