Liquid Logic Skip C1 question

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Jimmyj
c

Liquid Logic Skip C1 question

Post by Jimmyj »

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or experience with a Liquid Logic Skip as a C1 and what types of open boats it would compare to for initial and secondary stability? Also how it would compare to a Dagger Redline. I currently have a Redline as a C1 and I want something that's shorter and more playful.

Thanks
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

That should do it! I believe Barry Kennon paddled one for a while. Here's a link to Barry in a Session, I believe:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAJ00GQpLWQ
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

How much do you weigh? The Skip is a small boat, if you weigh more than ~ 150 - 160 lbs look for something else.
The skip is fairly narrow, too at 23.5", so you need a low saddle to get some primary stability. The open boats that would feel most similar would be a CU-fly or a Salsa, although they both will , due to being significantly wider, have more primary stability.

TGG!
Last edited by the great gonzo on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
xmas0c1c1k1
CBoats Addict

Post by xmas0c1c1k1 »

small but good conversion for hole play. Not going to be your best river runner, but it will get you down once you figure it out. Just remember it is small and being over weight in a boat is amplified in a c1