Water shoes EEEE width, Recommendations?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

McNugget0909
c

Water shoes EEEE width, Recommendations?

Post by McNugget0909 »

Hello, I am looking for some water shoes that are safe and comfortable with foot pegs. My problem is my foot size is 13/14 EEEE. If there are any other boaters out there with blocks for feet i would love to hear what you are using, thanks for the help.

Mcnugget
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" -HST
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Because you posted on here before you posted on pnet, I assumed that you were talking about kneeling in a canoe with your footwear braced against footpegs. pnet.com is populated by about as many kayakers as canoeists, so you may want to clarify your post there.

I have size 15 feet, but they're only D width, and I know you must have great difficulty getting what you need for EEE width. For kneeling with your ankles flexes, toes pointing down, soles against pegs, you will probably want a fairly rigid sole. Otherwise your toes would get scrunched like those of a ballet dancer.

You might check out CHOTA footwear. They don't have EEE width in a formal sense, but I have found that their size 14 booties are, in some cases, rather loose or forgiving in width. Some of their booties have enough sole stiffness, and a protective toe cap, so that you can kneel with your toes pointed down.

TEVA has a selection of size 14s, and some of them might be "soft" in the width department. I have some size 15 water sandals from them that are loose enough, width wise, that I have to wear socks. Perhaps by taking a size larger in length you could gain some width.

I'm the other kind of kneeling canoeist. The tops of my feet rest on the bottom of the boat. I can't tolerate kneeling with my toes pointed down.
McNugget0909
c

Post by McNugget0909 »

Thanks for the advice, yea I have been looking around and I am pretty sure i will have to go longer to try and achieve some width. Thanks for the input
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" -HST