Glueing D- Rings?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Twiggy
c

Glueing D- Rings?

Post by Twiggy »

I almost got my XXX converted, shaped a pedistal myself that Im pretty proud of :D , and some nice knee cups. Im just having one problem, My D Rings wont stay glued in. Im using Liquid Nails Contact Cement, following the directions and everything. It just wont stay glued solid. Any suggestions? Thanks
Twiggy 8)
NZMatt
Supporting Paddler

see other thread

Post by NZMatt »

Hi Twiggy

There was a recent thread on glueing polyethylene. It basically suggested couple of specific glues for PE (virtually nothing sticks to PE). Liquid nails probably just won't bond with PE. Scroll down in the forum or do a search and you should find it

Cheers
NZMatt

Hmmm....new country, new rivers...-
Still not enough c-boaters....
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Suggestions

Post by Mike W. »

If you want thigh straps, click "TEAM etc" over to the left on this page. Or, just make a bulkhead.

I did the TEAM etc. when I converted my Big EZ. It's a great system. A couple of weeks ago I added a bulkhead that keeps my knees planted in the boat. It's the best thing since the tall seat :D

Mike W.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Team etc

Post by PAC »

I think I sent photos to you of my XXXs modified team etc. You could make a different version as well using the existing seat holes and a sheet of the plastic, running from one site to the other with stap mounting points between. If you want PM me and I'll send you some more photos with better details.
Mike is also right that you can modify the piller for that use as well - hopefully making your customized seat even cooler! :wink:
I can send you some photos on that as well.
Good luck! 8)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
mshelton
CBoats Addict

Post by mshelton »

I'll try and post some pics of my receny conversion also to help you out. It's a simplified fence rail conversion, it was pretty easy once I figured it out.