seeking super EZ outfitting advice

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

tgb
Pain Boater

seeking super EZ outfitting advice

Post by tgb »

i found a used SEZ last weekend, & took out all of the stock outfitting this weekend. i couldn't believe all of the room! this is the first boat i've crawled in without the rim digging into my thighs!

anyway, to those who have paddled or outfitted a SEZ, what advice would you pass on? i'm planning on a fence post setup, or some modification of it. with such a short & wide planing surface, i can see the potential for oilcanning if not properly reinforced.

also, how about some feedback on saddles that work well with the fence post outfitting? send any advice & photos available.

thanks in advance for the advice,
trevor
tbradian1@netzero.net

PS - looking for sprayskirt recommendations as well
dillonpro
Pain Boater

super EZ oil canning

Post by dillonpro »

I recently converted a Super EZ and I installed a Dagger Insert. I realize you will not be using this setup but I do have some moderate oil canning. It doesn't seem to be affecting my control but it sure does like to 360. Best playboat C-1 I ever had. Have fun!
Larry
dillonpro
Pain Boater

spray skirt for Super EZ

Post by dillonpro »

I purchased my spray skirt from CKS (Colorado Kayak Supply). It's made especially for the EZ. Cockpit size is XXL. They shipped it to me in just a couple days. I was a happy customer.
Larry
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

saddle

Post by Mike W. »

Make your own saddle. jdschall did the fence post in his boat & made a saddle. The saddle has a channel cut out of the bottom that fits the fence-rail. There is velcro on the rain & saddle so that the seating position can be changed. It looks like a neat idae & he says it doesn't move around on him.

Mike W.