Mark, Dooley or Eli

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

djutzi
C Guru

Post by djutzi »

Haven't met Eli or Dooley but have paddled with Mark and he's a great guy and a great teacher - expect him to push you hard though!

As for Esprit, they're great. I've never been with them in Mexico but have taken WRT with them at their base on the Ottawa, and they hosted my local club's annual paddling festival this year. The level of expertise, professionalism, and service was second to none, and their staff has the highest level of training of any operation I've encountered. Finally, their environmental stewardship and river advocacy activities are notable and commendable. I'm sure all of this extends to their operations in Mexico.

And National Geographic rates them as one of the top adventure sports company in the world! (not bad, eh Jim!)

Have a good trip!
-Dan
Randy Dodson
C Guru

Post by Randy Dodson »

I like hangin out with Eli and playin Bob Seger, Jimmy buffet, and James Taylor on my guitar while Eli's given it a Bluegrass flavor on the mandolin. :lol:

Actually, Eli makes me sink boats :o :wink: so I'd choose Dooley.
Parrot Head Paddler
dhumphrys
c

Re: Thanks for your input

Post by dhumphrys »

Hey Jeff,

I was in Mexico last winter with Esprit and am wishing I could make it back this winter. Jim and his team run a week that you will not forget or regret going on. The Mexico week is well organized and structured however not overly structured (never did I feel like I was in some kind of boot cam). You can also expect top-notch safety on the rivers with guides who know the waters well.

If you would like more information feel free to contact me. As I said I would head back south again in an instant if I could swing it. How can you go wrong...good company, rivers, and cheap cold beer!

Cheers

Dave Humphrys

ww.fun wrote:Wow.... it sounds like I cant loose. I really just want to have a fun time boating, happy to get some pointers, eat drink and have a good time.

Another question... Has anyone heard much about Esprit before. I have been to their website (impressive), seen some videos, and they seem to be pretty together. Any thoughts.... anyone know these guys?

Leaning towards Jan or Feb,

Jeff