Shoot out at ALF? (PART 2)

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

:lol:
oooh. Pat's getting frisky.
just pm me if you wanna know how to push louie's buttons. It's easy :wink:
Larry
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

Larry Horne wrote::lol:
oooh. Pat's getting frisky.
just pm me if you wanna know how to push louie's buttons. It's easy :wink:
gosh, i think anyone can figure out how to do that on their own.
Louie

Post by Louie »

Ya Gabb and you Mr. Horn, I don't think you two want to push a button as much as just touchj it
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

I will put my money on Louie
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
Louie

Post by Louie »

Richard don't worry about those two, one doesn't want to boat east of the Cali mountains and the other couldn't cut it out there so he came back to raft guide on the Pigeon.

Now sumthin about someone worth talkin about. Salda Bowl went upside down five times, but hit two 270 degree hail mary's. Almost went over on the lip of baby falls and pulled off one of the best runs of the day there.Alex didn't swim till BOB. Dooley was very impress with the progress of Swimmin Mexican, and Pinchelocogringo. It is kinda nice when a boater like Dooley says I am doin a good job with new boater, of course these ain't the first two I brung up through the rank. I am sure the two kilt wears have been the drivin force behind a bunch of new boater over their multi decades of runn whitewater, it just that nobldy know who any of their students are. We hear a lot of noise but don't really see much of the results of their efforts.
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

louie, what was it you were sayin about those who can't do, teach?

and richard.. nobody's talking about a swimming competition so you may wanna re-think your wager.
Larry
Louie

Post by Louie »

OK so when are you goin to start holdin classes?
Lengthy
C Guru

Post by Lengthy »

My suggestion is that Louie and Longboatin go head to head in a follow the leader comp rather than a race. First they use their own respective boats and each take a turn leading for a while then they switch boats and do it again. Much better to see who can make moves rather than see two guys just hammer down a creek. Besides a race would throw off Longboatins beer per mile ratio. Even though Louie will have home court advantage my money is still on Longboatin, no doubt. It be fun to see Louie get his butt handed to him the first round then swim the second.
You know what they say about guys with long boats.............. I have a 16 footer!
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

Blindfolds would take care of that home court advantage - familiarity thing... or maybe just go somewhere besides the Tellico ... ... or as it is a question about the paddler and not the boat, maybe they could both use Craig's new boat!!!!
Louie

Post by Louie »

Tellico as always is the river of last resort, well next to the Ocoee. We can only hope the only reason anyone goes to the Tellico durin ALF is that they have never been there.
Louie

Post by Louie »

We could do Bullet I have only done it once.

Good rain and Cummie and I have a couple of 1st D no one has done.

Choeah, but puttin someone like Longboat on that river in anything less than a 10 footer would be kinda low even for me.

The possibilities are endless down dependin on the rain. If me takin Longboat's boat down Yellow or West Prong don't bother him. I don't mind him in my Teaurea on either one of them
PincheLocoGringo
Pain Boater

Post by PincheLocoGringo »

Returning to the point of the thread...

I think that we should run the race in true GDI fashion. Mob start, like the start of a marathon. First boat in each class (?) to cross the finish line wins. A staggered start just wouldn't really be in the spirit of ALF (too much organization) or GDI.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled hijack...
If common sense were the prevailing wage, I'd always be broke.
Louie

Post by Louie »

Fred if Pat calls don't answer.

Mob start for sure.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

The "Dam'n Yankee's" will be requesting the presence of Senor Jahn Kassmirrorchech... and we'll need to find nuetral ground... what's the best run that's close to Gettysburg?
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
Louie

Post by Louie »

Bull Run

and you are only a dam Yankee if you don't leave, I was 21 before I knew that was two words.