c1 creek boat outfitting Diesel 70

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

dgmonster
Pain Boater

c1 creek boat outfitting Diesel 70

Post by dgmonster »

Here is what I have done with my boat for out fitting. I stated with a WS Diesel 70. I got rid of the silly seat and center board. In its place I put a Dagger pedestal. The hip pads I made from metal and covered with foam.

Next came the thighstraps. I used the ratchet system from the original outfitting. I cut the original back band in half. I am using it to spread the load of the thigh straps.

I used a scuba divers weight belt cam to hold the thighstraps down to the bottom of the boat. In order to get the thigh straps close to my crotch and keep the load off the plastic buckle, I have the strap running under a bolt. This allows me to mount the quick release further forward. Having the quick release further forward makes grabbing it a little easier. When the quick release is pulled both thigh straps come free with minimal webbing. I tried to keep the webbing to a minimum to help prevent foot entrapment.

I added a removable remote quick release strap to the out fitting as well. The removable strap has a loop in one end and a t-grip/loop in the other.

I can use the loop to attach to the t-grip on the bottom of the boat.

The webbing is then attached to the center pillar. The hole in the center pillar loop is reinforced with a piece of tubing.

The release loop is then just long enough to come out under the rim of the cockpit. The handle sits right next to the grab loop on the skirt. I used a hard handle on the outside of the boat because it will be more difficult to pull past the loop on the pillar. The result is a short section of webbing inside the boat anyone can just reach for and grab. It. permits me to grab the quick release if i can not reach the front rim of the cockpit

This is just what I have done. I just thought I would share. I know some people do not like the ratchet straps, but its what I am currently using and it will probable change after one breaks at the worst possible time.
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Lots of thought went into that one. Please consider adding it to the "conversions" database. See the dropdown box near the upper left corner under the "CBoats,net" logo.

How did you attach the Dagger pedestal?
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

so is that where we're supposed to put and find outfitting pics?
I kept looking at the "outfitting" section and could see only really old stuff and no way to submit anything new.
Larry
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

It's a place to put stats, reviews & photos of converted boats. Some have minimal info while some are more detailed. Not all have pics, but some have pics of the outfitting & action shots. Browse the boats & see what you can find. Anyone can add boats.

I didn't have pics of my Big EZ's outfitting when I entered the boat, but I got some shots of my Forplay's outfitting (which is pretty much the same set-up), so you can look at the Forplay & see what I've come up with.

If your model boat is already there, but you have more/better/different pics/data/review then add yours too. That section is as good as we all make it.

Sorry for the threadjack :oops:
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Re: c1 creek boat outfitting Diesel 70

Post by sbroam »

dgmonster wrote:Here is what I have done with my boat for out fitting. ....
Nice!
dgmonster
Pain Boater

Post by dgmonster »

Mike W to answer your question of how did I attach my dagger pedestal is a good one. I really wanted to use the exsisting holes in the boat for two reasons, 1) I don't need to drill holes in a perfectly good boat if I don't have too, and 2) more holes at or below the waterline is just a little silly if it can be avoided. The boat already had two holes/side from wavesport.

After searching for hours , every where I could think of, I remembered an old busted up kayak my friend had. I cut a large 8"X 34" piece out of the bottom. The reason I cut the plastic so wide was so I could change the fore/aft of the saddle if I did not like the set up. This is a picture of how it is mounted to the interior of the boat. I used all wave sport hard wear except I shortend two screws so I would not catch my drybag on them.

the back of the saddle is glued to the rear pillar with a bunch of foam.
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Great idea!