MR Synergy- anyone else ever paddled it?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

ezwater
C Maven

MR Synergy- anyone else ever paddled it?

Post by ezwater »

Asked before for comparisons between the Synergy and ME. Got no responses. Well, the ME is a much older design, more were sold, and there are still more MEs on the water than there are Synergys. But am I the only one on cboats.net to have paddled a Synergy? :-?
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

I was never in the same place as one.
Gryphon
c

Synergy

Post by Gryphon »

Try the "search" feature; there is a lot of information on the Synergy here.
TommyC1
C Guru

Post by TommyC1 »

I know a couple local to me who paddle(d) a Synergy. They looked good in it but I'm pretty sure they'd make a Coleman look good too.
I believe they described it as a little wet. The guy is pretty big. Solos a Caption because it fits him well. I'd guess they'd find an ME more than a little wet
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

We have had a smallish couple from Savannah who tandemed a Synergy for a number of years. John and Tee Brower. They were very skilled, also capable of paddling a Coleman well.
markzak
CBoats Addict

Post by markzak »

My buddy Noah paddles one all the time... I had the chance to get it in on the Stoneycreek in PA and found the tumblehome on it to be a nice change from the ME, other then that I didnt notice much of a difference, but then again I didnt paddle it for more than 10 minutes.

yarnellboat
C Maven

Post by yarnellboat »

A few of my friends have Synergies as their tandem boats, but they don't paddle tandem much - probably no reflection on the boat though! Personally, (also as tandem) I like the Caption and VertigeX better than the longer, skinnier Synergy.

Pat.
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Pat, I agree that the Synergy makes a good general purpose tandem canoe only for light couples. Even as a solo, it is a bit wet, though that may be because I have the solo position set rather forward.

Back in 98 when I bought the Synergy, I almost bought a Caption. But I thought the narrowness of the Synergy would make it a good solo whitewater camping/cruising boat, even though at my height, I have enough reach to cross stroke the Caption. And solo or tandem, the Synergy is certainly faster. But the Caption has always been the better tandem boat.