Dagger Encore FS -- SOLD

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

mr ray
C Guru

Dagger Encore FS -- SOLD

Post by mr ray »

SOLD!!!

To loosely quote Monty Python: "Don't you want to haggle?". Will entertain creative offers.

I have a Dagger Encore for sale in Birmingham. Teal hull with yellow bags and wood trim.

Hull is in very good shape with light wear no significant boo boos (just enough to give it credibility) and is the older tougher royalex. There are small spots on the ends where the vinyl has worn through. I can put skidplates over those if you want.

Wood gunnels, thwarts, new endcaps. Fully outfitted with original Dagger 60(?)" bags (some fading, one patch, and mildew, but no leaks--hold air for days), nicely contoured minicell (Dagger type?) saddle, footblocks, new bag lacing setup, and team edge thigh strap setup.

All wood was recently sanded and resealed with 3 coats of tung oil. One outwale had some damage done by a previous owner (from sitting on its side). I have filled all gouges with thickened G/Flex, which is a tough epoxy with a high affinity for wood and high amt of flexibility. Very solid now--I'd say its stronger than original. You just have to see it. Check out the pics to see what I mean.

It was stored in shade or garage by previous owner and indoors by me. Vinyl outer layer is vibrant and shows no evidence of ever being subjected to sunlight during storage.

Overall a very solid boat. Bags and cheap paddle included. Boat is ready for use and should give the buyer a very long service life.

Asking $600

Pics:

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f93/e ... %20Encore/
Last edited by mr ray on Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
mr ray
C Guru

Post by mr ray »

bump.
monstertruckfred
C Boater

Post by monstertruckfred »

That sure is a pRetty boat!
carter1
Pain Boater

Post by carter1 »

I was looking through the photos and the exact same words came out of my mouth. Sure wish I had a spare $600 laying around. Wouldn't be interested in a trade for an almost new Wavesport, Fuse 35 would you-it'll make a great C-1 conversion for an 8 year old!
c
mr ray
C Guru

Post by mr ray »

carter1 wrote:I was looking through the photos and the exact same words came out of my mouth. Sure wish I had a spare $600 laying around. Wouldn't be interested in a trade for an almost new Wavesport, Fuse 35 would you-it'll make a great C-1 conversion for an 8 year old!
c
Thx fellas. Hey Carter, sorry, but I'll have to pass on your offer. I'm making room for a new boat and my little one is still way too little for her own. Waiting for that day though...

I'm not totally against trades if its the right boat / offer.
rrrmorin
c

Post by rrrmorin »

Could you give me more info on g-flex
What is it
Where can I buy it
How much
What are its applications
and do you recommend it

Thanx in advance

richard
mr ray
C Guru

Post by mr ray »

rrrmorin wrote:Could you give me more info on g-flex
1 What is it
2 Where can I buy it
3 How much
4 What are its applications
5 and do you recommend it

Thanx in advance

richard
Richard,

Its late and its bedtime, but here is a quick-version response. You can find tons and tons of posts about gflex here. Also search for "g/flex".

1), 2), and 3) : http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/st ... sNum=10297 Scroll down a bit for description. Somewhere on that site you can find a pdf of the instruction sheets.

4) See above as well, but in the context of canoes many people are using it to repair royalex hulls. It can also supposedly be used on other difficult-to-bond plastics like HDPE (though I have not tried it yet), and it can be used to permanently bond outfitting (D-Rings, for example). I've used it to repair a wide variety of things. It bonds really well to wood as well.

5) Yes, often! hades, I just ordered 2 gallons of the stuff! (splitting it with friends)
mr ray
C Guru

Post by mr ray »

Oh, BTW, the Encore is SOLD. I feel so guilty and alone now...