Oh FullGnarlzOC.....

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

OC1er
CBoats Addict

Post by OC1er »

"We're not talking about the guy who built the railroad here.."

That "paradouche" taught me more about boating than any boat I've ever owned...
Its not about the approach. Its about control in the hole.
oc1kcwlkr
Pain Boater

Post by oc1kcwlkr »

and... the plot thickens. oops, where you campin in wva? I think we're gonna be at swiss
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

1 pump battery last me a whole week...because i do dump. as for ur flood stage stuff in 20degree weather... I was doing that by myself, with 6 months experience...back off me. I'd love to paddle with you guys. We can put our money where our mouths are real quick.

this reminds me of like when someone would question my beer drinking in college... and we'd square of and drink all night... then the kid would wake up the next morning completely hung over, piss all over himself, throw up all over his shirt, and barely walking. meanwhile, im comin home from a morning run.

:) gotta love it. I'm going to try and get down to WV this weekend. I don't know if I can take another 8 days of straight boating/camping tho. Its wearing on me.
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

Proverbs 16:18
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

and the idea of 'open boats'/open canoe has been around for centuries. actually the oldest boat design on the planet...

George Washington paddled the delaware in a canoe. Not a kayak. not a squirt boat. ;)
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

FullGnarlzOC wrote:and the idea of 'open boats'/open canoe has been around for centuries. actually the oldest boat design on the planet...

George Washington paddled the delaware in a canoe. Not a kayak. not a squirt boat. ;)
George Washington didn't paddle the large steaming pile of dog doo, Jim & Jeff Snyder still do. Case Closed!

In all seriousness, the concept of the OC1 as it is now and the concept of the Squirt Boat grew up at the same time, they have more in common than it first seems.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
jscottl67
CBoats Addict

Post by jscottl67 »

cheajack wrote:Proverbs 16:18
At least the posts aren't killing you - Judges 15:16.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

In the end, all that matters is being ON the water. Though I prefer a C1 or OC1 (or 2!), if the option is no paddling or paddling a kayak I would happily paddle a kayak (thankfully there IS an option:) ).

The more you paddle, the more water craft you paddle, the more varied water you paddle, the more you realize this.

Paddling the demo Maven will help with one of those, and if you keep your mind open you will learn much - and I daresay be a more competent OC1er, after spending some time with The Maven.
Keep the C!
Adam
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

"the more you paddle, the more water craft you paddle, the more varied water you paddle, the more you realize this."

i believe it adam
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

To all those quoting the bible, there can be only one eternal truth known to us mortals:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
jscottl67
CBoats Addict

Post by jscottl67 »

Could have quoted other sources, but the "jawbone of an butt" has always been awesome ;)

FWIW, my wife and I are having dinner with Arun Gandhi on Thursday ;) Perhaps I can learn tolerance.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

That is indeed very fitting.

I may have to glass in "Don't Panic :P " on the next boat I build.
Keep the C!
Adam
phreon
CBoats Addict

Post by phreon »

Sir Adam wrote:That is indeed very fitting.

I may have to glass in "Don't Panic :P " on the next boat I build.
I've finally thought of a name for my OC-1: "42"

Doug
markzak
CBoats Addict

Post by markzak »

FullGnarlzOC wrote:George Washington paddled the delaware in a canoe. Not a kayak. not a squirt boat. ;)
But George didn't paddle a Detonator on the Raquette...

And... Dr. McGnarlz is a pleasure to paddle and hang out with. These bickerings on cboats have just become hilarious. While Eddy can certainly be outspoken on cboats, what do you really expect from a young 20-something year old who's picking up the sport super fast and really killing it out there. We all know class V is dangerous and Tommy just like everyone else is making calculated decisions out there.

And yes, I hope Dr. McGnarlz makes it down for GauleyFest. That's a real test of open boat skillz, not that the Raquette or Beaver isn't just different.
markzak
CBoats Addict

Post by markzak »

I also wanted to share this picture that Jeff took of me after coming down the Eagle slide on the Eagle section of the Beaver River in NY... because its hilarious. No I didn't save it.