Posts of late

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Lengthy
C Guru

Post by Lengthy »

I can't make it to the gauley till october.
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

Gnarls,
it's pretty obvious that the upper g is loads easier than that video you posted. I have a six pack that says your not gonna swim. Takers?
I've always found guys can put their beer where their mouth is. :wink:
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

its easy for ppl to say im not ready for somthin based purely on video they've seen. Not very likely for them to say that if they've actually boated with me. At least that's my guess...

Regardless - it's gonna be a good weekend.
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

wow, what a hijacl. well done.

when exactly did someone on here say 'eddy isn't ready for the UG'?

This weekend was my first time on the Gauley in anything other than an OX. I stayed on the Lower and had a stress free fun time. It really doesn't matter where you paddle, just that you enjoy yourself. I did get asked by several kayakers if I was kneeling in my boat, which always makes me feel good, in spite of the shooting pains in my ankles and knees.

"The truth is that there is nothing noble in being superior to somebody
else. The only real nobility is in being superior to your former self." ~Whitney Young.
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

(I was told there was this post and asked to say something...so)

There's only so many times the hapless can be told how to glue a saddle together... there's only so many times that you can put up with the hopelessly hapless asking how to change a tee-grip on their favorite worthless Werner canoe paddle again... there's only so many times that you can read yet another horribly hopeless hapless L'edge post... there's only so many ways to put your feet in a boat... and so on. Most of this has been re-hashed so many times, we-you-me know what all is going to be said before opening the thread. If people actually searched the forum, it would be a small fraction of it's size, and 2 months ago post would still be on page one.

((or overly sexual innuendo or actual offensiveness or personal attacks or drug use... and so on))

The only thing that keeps the knowledge base posting here, is the interchange between personalities. The folks that know what the un-knowing what to know are the backbone of this site. And when over zealot censorship blocks this - then CBoats itself suffers. Sometimes posts need to be removed, sometimes people need to be sent a personal message, and sometimes the admins simply go too far...

For instance, I was once sent a caution over this: http://cboats.net/cforum/viewtopic.php?p=34749 (when the originator asked to be ax'ed). I commend the admin's efforts to keep this family friendly, but all too often friendly banter is discouraged or removed. And then the poster's time an effort has been wasted for naught.
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

lol.classic. right there. phil r u goin to gauley fest? would be nice to meet up with u again. except this time, get to boat a real river.
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

wasn't this about a certain t-shirt thread? I didn't think it was about you at all, gnarls. Or anyone else in particular.
but what do I know..
Larry
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

ya larry... what do yo u know. ;)
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

This was indeed a post to ALL on the board, and not to anyone in particular.

Some folks must suffer from a guilty conscience :lol:

And Phil is right- I suspect we are sometimes overzealous. We admins are allowed to have a bad day now and again too ya know - we never claimed to be perfect, just try and do our best to keep the site moving along down the path we've chosen. There are 5 of us moderating now, each with our different outlooks. I'm very honored these folks are helping out, and they deserve a HUGE thanks for what they have to put up with.
Keep the C!
Adam
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

is that what it was about?

wow...
Joe
jscottl67
CBoats Addict

Post by jscottl67 »

I figured the T-shirt was part of it, since the post was gone. All in good fun, but I can see how peeps would get offended on the T-shirt (and comments) post. And sure me giving Gnarlz grief is part too, but oh well.
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

u gave me grief? what t-shirt?

Adam - you know i got that guilty conscious. :)
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

FullGnarlzOC wrote:u gave me grief? what t-shirt?

Adam - you know i got that guilty conscious. :)
The "What part of C1 Technique requires a penis?" shirt! which spawned a lot of rather suggestive comments!
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

:( I bin away a hole munth, and this is the welcome I get.

SOT as the acronym for Stay On Topic.
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

lame