Where can I get SnowBoot Straps

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

windowshade
C Boater

Where can I get SnowBoot Straps

Post by windowshade »

For a conversion to a C-1 boat. Is there a web site that sell these? I don't want to pay 75$ for the binding only to get the straps.

Any info appreciated!

Thanks,

Paul
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

I've been able to get them at a local shop, but I have seen them online somewhere... definately don't need to buy the whole binding.
You probably want to get the ankle straps as opposed to toe straps.
Larry
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

Toe straps (often of the "cap strap" style) are easy to find online, but that's not what you want. You want the strap that goes over the instep. Those are harder to find, and , as Larry said, it'll probably be easier to find them at a local shop, but if as the season gets closer there will be more available online.

HTH,
Shep
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

I got mine at a local shop in the spring - they were replacing their rental bindings. I paid for a whole binding assembly what I would have paid for ankle straps alone. Haven't figured out what to do with the toe straps yet, but I'll think of something...
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

Sad, I know, but I spent an entire day at the local shop going through their box of old straps :)
Some toe straps can work for knee straps, but most are too small.
I'm currently using the Burton Ultra Cap straps for my knees and they seem really good. They're too small for thigh straps though.
Larry
windowshade
C Boater

Thanks for all the advice!

Post by windowshade »

I'm pointed in the right dirtection.

Paul