ALF?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

madmike
C Guru

ALF?

Post by madmike »

So, ehr... where is this thread?
ESP
C Guru

Post by ESP »

Go to WaldensRidgeWhitewater.com. There is a section dedicated to ALF.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

If someone wants to post / update a thread on ALF.. have at it! I'm sure that getting the word out to as many as possible is a good thing, concerning a good time! Enjoy!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Post made into a sticky in suport of the fun! 8)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
madmike
C Guru

nicest?

Post by madmike »

I will be in a kayak at ALF (injury, unable to cross stroke with any strength,) and I hear that I can expect a hard time about it. Is this true? Are kayaks that unwelcome? If so, get a life. :cry:
ckingoc1
C Guru

Re: nicest?

Post by ckingoc1 »

madmike wrote:I will be in a kayak at ALF (injury, unable to cross stroke with any strength,) and I hear that I can expect a hard time about it. Is this true? Are kayaks that unwelcome? If so, get a life. :cry:

Ok, here are my suggestions to have a good time.

1. Be flexible, the river on your list that you want to run may not be running Ect..
2. Have a since of humor (this means be able to laugh at yourself at least as much as everybody else).
3. Know what you are being talked into. Or be ok with being the shuttle bunny.

And Mike, there will be other people in kayaks. But if I showed up at a basketball game wearing a helmet and shoulder pads, I wouldn't be shocked that someone give me a hard time about it. :wink:
the Big O
Pain Boater

Post by the Big O »

Yes, you will be badgered, mocked and generally given a hard time (all in fun of course)....... Win us over with your wit and NY charm(OMG did I just say that !) and you will have friends for life !! Otherwise..........Get a life.......... :wink:
Have a great day, Ken
Cumnock
Proprietor - Walden's Ridge Whitewater

Post by Cumnock »

FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

What's the deal with these KOA campsites? It's like $20 a person per night... that could get pretty freakin expensive over the course of 9 days.

I'd like to stay and socialize at an "ALF" campsite...but there has got to be a cheaper place we can get ppl to go...
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

FullGnarlzOC wrote:What's the deal with these KOA campsites? It's like $20 a person per night... that could get pretty freakin expensive over the course of 9 days.

I'd like to stay and socialize at an "ALF" campsite...but there has got to be a cheaper place we can get ppl to go...
The cabins on the KOA are $45/night and some of them sleep 4...
scott curtis
C Guru

Post by scott curtis »

i'm up for the cabin, need 3 more
ESP
C Guru

Post by ESP »

Scott I have a cabin reserved from the 12th to the 20th. It has a double and a set of bunkbeds. Heat and electric. I am looking for 3 others to share the costs.
iRolled
BlackFly Canoes

Post by iRolled »

FullGnarlzOC wrote:What's the deal with these KOA campsites? It's like $20 a person per night... that could get pretty freakin expensive over the course of 9 days.

There will be FREE camping in my front and back yard. Space is somewhat limited. you can probably get 15-20 tents in there. I dont care, do what you must. Did i say FREE 8)

It's in town, and everything is within a half mile. Louie's, shonney's walmart, beer stores, ect.
Team Blackfly
http://www.blackflycanoes.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.astraldesigns.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.immersionresearch.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ESP
C Guru

Post by ESP »

I have a wall tent that will fit at least 4 cots with room to spare or 6 if its real tight. Free sounds real good. I would like to take you up on your offer so I can save some cash. That means I will be cancelling the cabin so I won't be looking for folks to share the cost. Ed Powers