question on nesting canoes

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

I do have a friend here in Portland that does a lot of far north trips and did ask him for advice, but also wanted to hear from the experts here.

Eric, what year did you paddle the Nahanni? Your mosquito stories have me already itching body parts.
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

Tonight we tried nesting the two Dagger Legends. It didn't work. It might have if we removed the gunnels, but we didn't want to go that far.

What did work was sticking a Dagger Dimension inside the Legend. I didn't want to take my Dimension--it doesn't hold as much cargo as the Legend, but it looks like that's what I'll be doing. It nested pretty sweetly in the Legend. Guess I'll pack light.
Yukon
Yukan Canoe

Post by Yukon »

Good to know I did not think they would nest. I am amazed the Dimension fits inside. I have not seen one for about 15 years. It must be a super sweet boat. Wish I could find one.

I grew up on the Pelly River (and my sons name is Pelly) the headwaters of the Pelly are very close to the Moose Ponds and the Ross River which flows into the Pelly does flow out of the Moose Ponds. It is an amazing trip, have a great trip.
Einar
CBoats Addict

a few days difference

Post by Einar »

We had an invite from another group to go on the July 17 but opted to go later on July 27 by ourselves. That was 10 feet vertical of water difference; definitely set your camp high.
Pulpit rock is a great site.
The long arctic evenings are deceptive, more than once we got caught out paddling at 10 pm.
Clear water can be a scarcity, never miss a chance to fill up on fresh.
Take extra gas between Fort Nelson and Blackstone, there is only one fill up on the Interterritorial Highway and half a tank isn't enough to get you back out for any reason.
Very important: what time do the showers close at Blackstone?
Great trip, have fun.
By the way Yukon I have a Dimension in great shape, picked it up for $800. Sorry about that.