Canoah America c-2

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

yukon

Canoah America c-2

Post by yukon »

anybody paddle one of these Canoah America c-2? they look like a blast. Anyone know were I could get one?
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Hi Yukon,

I have Canoah America C2, and yes, it is a blast! I got it early April, and due to injury, work and other thing only had it out twice so far on some class 2-3 water, once with a scared yaker in the bow and once with a 15 year old kid who was the first time in whitewater.
The boat is very maneuvrable, fast and also extremely forgiving.
As long as the stern paddler is heavier thatn the bow paddler and as long as you keep your paddle in the water, it is nearly impossible to flip, no matter what the bow paddler does. Can't say how easily it rolls with 2 people in, I tried it but so far the bow paddler always panicked and got out before I even could set up properly for the roll :o . Once he was out though the roll was a breeze :lol: !

I can't wait to to get it out onto some class 3-4 stuff with a more experienced person itn the bow.

As far as getting one is concerned, this might be a bigger problem, since Noa never really imported them to North America and only there seem to be only 3-4 over here.

Your best bet is to e-mail Noah directly and ask Vladimir about it, he was able to pint me to his brother who lives in the states and who had one for sale. He may know if there is somewhere one for sale.

martin
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau

Post by Guest »

From the picture looks like a plastic boat but can not tell for sure. Plastic or glass? How big are the cockpits. I am 6 ft and 215 lbs so want to make sure I can get out easy enough. wish I could try one out first. before I jump
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

The Canoah America C2 is a plastic boat.

Cockpits are (as measured on my boat) 21"wide and 24" long, almost egg shaped.
At least the stern cockpit is, due to the width and dept of the boat in that area, extremely roomy. I am 6' and 185 to 190 lbs and can get out no problem.
Paddler weight is an issue particularly in the bow, as the boat has fairly little volume for a C2, maybe 90 - 100 gal (estimate). 215 lbs should still work in the stern, however the bow paddler should be max. ~160 lbs.

martin
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau