Team Mohawk and all things Mohawk

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

SkeeterGuy86
Select Paddles Sponsored Paddler

Post by SkeeterGuy86 »

Cheeks wrote:
Yukon wrote:he is 12 and been paddling for 13 years now.
wat?
his wife paddled while pregnant
SG86

here in the south east god paddles on the left and that's how he made our rivers ~ oc1paddlr

http://select-kayaks.com/en/paddles/canoe-raft/c1/
OC One Blade
C Guru

Post by OC One Blade »

Cheeks wrote:
Yukon wrote:he is 12 and been paddling for 13 years now.
wat?
I'm guessing his case is similar to that of my youngest son. He was five in August and has been paddling right at six years (counting "womb time"). My wife paddled almost to full term while carrying him.

My oldest son, however, is nine but has only been paddling about eight years. That first child- whew! Talk about a life changing event!
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

kx it is all in the programming No one of the things that I am looking for out of new Team members is location, I dont really need anyone else in the SE, I would love to find someone north and/or west. Yukon send me a boating resume for your boy.
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

You know, given some hot shots a boat to demolish on the steeps is all well and good but does it really get the interest of the everypaddler, the weekend worriors? There's clubs and old schoolers beggin, borrowing and stealing to put people in boats for their classes, and no room in the budget for newer agressive designed boats to interest the younger crowd. Once in a while you see a club or a school reoutfit for their classes, and it seems like all those that buy a boat after the class, buy something like they were tought in, maybe Im wrong.
justa thowt
Proud Yankee
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

TonyB
The goal behind team Mohawk is not to pick out the hard core creekers but to pick out the folks making it look fun. I agree with you to some degree. I have no problem helping clubs/instructional groups out but when we have we gotten burned. The 1st generation of team boaters ended up being creekers as I rebuild the team I am going to try to avoid this. But it comes down to who is making it look fun. This is a learning experience I have never put something like this together.
Richard Guin
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

The University of SC has a small fleet of Mohawks (XLs, Probes) that were used with a canoeing class - I hardly see them (unless I drive by the storage yard) since the professor who ran that program retired. I know that fostered some brand loyalty for folks associated with that program.

[I'm sure they are available for the school's whitewater / outing club, but when we see that crowd they are paddling kayaks of similar vintage -Dagger Crossfires...]
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

that is what we see more and more we give really good discounts to schools and other groups but they seem to want kaiyak (i just cant type that word)
Richard Guin
jmatt
c

Team

Post by jmatt »

Well, when you decide to recruit old fat guys that make boating look funny, let me know. I'm a lock!
yarnellboat
C Maven

Post by yarnellboat »

I think Colin Monneypenny (?) already occupies that position on the team, or at least has earned it! 8) Colin (who I don't know at all other than through pictures and video), I mean that in the most respectful way!!)

P.
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Post by TNbound »

If you're looking for a northern faction, Maine has plenty of people for me to convert to open boating! 8)
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."
Hans Vidkjer
Pain Boater

Post by Hans Vidkjer »

"blow molded eh. they are even hevier than rotomolded boats .
75 lbs maybe?"

Est-ce vrai ? :o
Sam
c

Post by Sam »

Eli
The Canoe Guru - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by Eli »

From what I have seen of Pelly, I expect to see him representing Team Canada in the not so distant future!
When in Doubt...Paddle Forward!
www.thecanoeguru.com
chriscanoe
Pain Boater

Post by chriscanoe »

OK Sam, I'll bite. Is that the purty new blowmolded hull ya'll keep teasing us with???
PBR ME ASAP!!
Sam
c

Post by Sam »

/whistles