Pulling in the gunnels on a Probe 12

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Bob P
CBoats Addict

Post by Bob P »

I was fortunate enough to find an aluminum tree from which I got the materials to replace my Spark's gunwales. :roll: More work, but the boat is now permanently bulletproof... It gained a pound or two over the old wood. With the decks installed, the boat is 43 lbs. Just enough for REC class.
I'll have my complete procedure posted soon.
Bob P
clarion
C Guru

Post by clarion »

avlclimber wrote:Does anyone have any idea how in the hades to loosen the nut way up inside the 5" cylinder to remove it from a thwart, and (even more difficult) hold in in place to tighten the confounded device on a new thwart?
To put in a new one, use a block of wood the same length. I take the edges off a bit so it's not perfectly square. But the flat sides of the block of wood actually work better to prevent lateral movement than a round object does. Then just use a wood screw to attach it to the thwart.

Make sure you use the biggest block of wood you can get in there without stressing out the minicell. You don't want it at all loose.
It AIN'T bent.