Cudos to Jack Ditty

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

cheajack
CBoats Addict

Cudos to Jack Ditty

Post by cheajack »

Jack ditty was the first place finisher of all single blade paddlers in the Green Narrows Race yesterday in a LL Stinger; placing 34th over all with a time of 05:19. All race results here: http://greenrace.amongstit.com/category/2011/
Shep
CBoats Addict

Re: Cudos to Jack Ditty

Post by Shep »

Congrats to Jay and Eli! Glad to see there is a second entry in the OC1 category again this year. Also noticed that the time for Dane Jackson in C1 does not list a boat... does that portend a reveal of a new raceboat from Jackson? :)

Shep
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

so dane raced in c1? thats great! I always figured he would only dabble in c1 playboating.
cool.
Larry
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

Ed:- Added Photo to post, click for link
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
JFD
C Guru

Post by JFD »

http://boatertalk.com/forum/BoaterTalk/1052323364/

The irony here is too much! Thanks for the congratulatory words once again, undeserved as they may be. I think we need to forward all these to Brad McMillan. Overall, a very impressive showing by single bladed paddlers this year: Brad McMillan pulling off the c-1/k-1 ironman, Eric DeGuil doing a K-1/OC1 ironman, Dane Jackson doing a K-1/K-1S/C-1 Triple ironman, Scott Magley for doing a k-1/c-1 ironman, Eli pulling off an awesome freestyle move at Gorilla (looks like he's attaining up it in the picture), Jordan Poffenberger showing up and styling it in his 1st Green race, and Burton Greer, well, I'll let him tell his story, but he showed up and raced and hung in there as long as he could. Glad to be a part of this awesome event once again!
jay
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

Eric Deguil was racing OC1?? Any pictures?
imagine
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Kudos to all... it's not just your average race on your average piece of water... it's the GREEN RACE man... the most exciting, longest lasting granddaddy of whitewater extreme races on the planet!!! :D

Curiousity ? here Jack... do you normally use a carbon shaft wood blade stick? Mitchell or ??? I borrowed a carbon shaft wood blade Echo paddle last summer for a week and really liked it... but I just don't trust composite shaft paddles for serious runs so I highly doubt I'd ever purchase one.
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
avlclimber
C Guru

Post by avlclimber »

I got there just in time to see Eli, no photos. Here's a few of Deguil:

GDI page has the money shot (the monkey shot?) of both Eric and Eli. http://www.facebook.com/groups/GDIh20/
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

wow, would love to see that video!

I hope some day we can see it on his vimeo site: http://vimeo.com/user694637" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(Fancy dress!...)
imagine
Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

Eli is at about the 2min mark. Balls dude. You have them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loU8cqVC ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chris Loomis
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

Props to all the racers. No matter how (or whether) they finished, just to participate in that thing they have a rare combination of skill and stones.
JFD
C Guru

Post by JFD »

do you normally use a carbon shaft wood blade stick? Mitchell or ??? I borrowed a carbon shaft wood blade Echo paddle last summer for a week and really liked it... but I just don't trust composite shaft paddles for serious runs so I highly doubt I'd ever purchase one.
That's an Echo paddle. I really like the blade shape and it feels like a stout paddle. I like Mitchell's too. I've always used composite shafts, and usually composite blades (except for this Echo paddle). I have pretty good faith in the composite shafts, at least for someone that is lightweight. In 15 years of boating I've only had one broken paddle shaft, snapped in half when landing on a low brace from a 17 ft waterfall. So now I try not to land on a brace.
jay
ian123
CBoats Addict

Post by ian123 »

Was he alright?
djutzi
C Guru

Post by djutzi »

Holy crap...that is quite the video. I hope everybody was OK.

That is one of those rivers I think I can cross off my list without ever paddling it...
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

JFD wrote:
do you normally use a carbon shaft wood blade stick? Mitchell or ??? I borrowed a carbon shaft wood blade Echo paddle last summer for a week and really liked it... but I just don't trust composite shaft paddles for serious runs so I highly doubt I'd ever purchase one.
That's an Echo paddle. I really like the blade shape and it feels like a stout paddle. I like Mitchell's too. I've always used composite shafts, and usually composite blades (except for this Echo paddle). I have pretty good faith in the composite shafts, at least for someone that is lightweight. In 15 years of boating I've only had one broken paddle shaft, snapped in half when landing on a low brace from a 17 ft waterfall. So now I try not to land on a brace.
jay
Yup... that's a really nice stick. The shafts he uses seemed a little beefier than some. It has a really nice overall feel to it and I like the way the wood blade feels and looks.
Attachments
38144_1491405932483_1454060222_1293063_7085536_n.jpg
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter