Prijon HURRICANE

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Prijon HURRICANE

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

Hull only -- no K or C outfitting. Scratched, but appears to float.

This is an old-school design -- 10' in length, but with surprising rocker. Looks FAST.

Going cheepcheepcheep. Any interest? Otherwise, I'm gonna cut it up for plastic.

Located in Pacific North-West.

Rick
C'est l'aviron. . . !
Bob Wiggins
C Guru

Re: Prijon HURRICANE

Post by Bob Wiggins »

Pierre LaPaddelle wrote:Hull only -- no K or C outfitting. Scratched, but appears to float.

This is an old-school design -- 10' in length, but with surprising rocker. Looks FAST.

Going cheepcheepcheep. Any interest? Otherwise, I'm gonna cut it up for plastic.

Located in Pacific North-West.

Rick
maybe. how much? and pics?
after doing some google magic, definitely. let me know. hopefully, if it works out, it can be gotten down to asheville NC (maybe someone coming to alf?)
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Pix tomorrow -- the sun's gone down. PM me with your e-mail address, and I'll send 'em directly.

Free delivery to WESTFEST. ALF's too far fer me, but if you know anyone in WA or BC going, we might be able to hook up.

How about $75?
C'est l'aviron. . . !
Bob Wiggins
C Guru

Post by Bob Wiggins »

if the hull looks okay (no leaks- i don't care about scratches, i'd put enough on there myself) and i can get it to near asheville, you've got yourself a deal.
Bob
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Bob Wiggins wrote:if. . . i can get it to near asheville, you've got yourself a deal.
Bob
Interestingly enough, I bought a boat FROM North Carolina last year at this time. The deal featured an interesting Pony Express hand-off at ALF, with the boat being subsequently transported among a huge pile of hulls, in the back of a truck, to Utah.

This was followed by a long drive (by me) from BC to Utah, arriving in a blizzard, in time for a fun float with Smurf down the Hen-Tag in the new boat.

It just goes to show ya -- these little logistical challenges CAN be overcome. . . ! :D

Rick
C'est l'aviron. . . !
Bob Wiggins
C Guru

Post by Bob Wiggins »

did ya get my PM? looking forward to seeing pics. hopefully, i can find someone up there coming to ALF for delivery.
EDIT: got your email.
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

I have a Prijon Hurricane that is a factory made C1, I removed the factory outfitting and replaced it with a fence rail setup, which works awesome in this boat. Pretty interesting boat.. its very fast and front surfs really really well while feeling kinda slalom-ish. Did I mention its fast? I can't use this for polo anymore because I run out of pool when this sucker gets up to speed as its dangerous to anyone who gets in its way.... yeah, THAT fast. When I bought my first Hurricane in the early 90's it was the K1 playboat of the day.. would make a great river runner in C1 setup. Please don't cut it up :) Somebody buy this thing.
Bob Wiggins
C Guru

Post by Bob Wiggins »

i've already bought it, if i can get it to alf. anybody?
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Smurfwarrior wrote:Please don't cut it up :)
PM on the way, Smurf!
C'est l'aviron. . . !
nanook
c

Post by nanook »

I'd love to take this off your hands, in Canada and just starting out!
Cheers
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

PM coming, Nanook!

Rick
C'est l'aviron. . . !