Hudson Fall Armada

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Hudson Fall Armada

Post by Sir Adam »

Announcing ye 3rd Annual Hudson River Fall Foliage armada September 25th and 26th. Folks flying in yes I can pick you up at the Albany airport Friday night. FREE camping provided (with outhouse and running water).

The current plan is to run the Hudson Gorge on Saturday, and swap boats or do a shorter run on Sunday.

Description of Hudson (from an ealier post)
A few images from this summer's armada: http://www.cboats.net/hudsonarmadajuly04.shtml

PM, e-mail, or post here so I can get an idea of numbers :D

If you want to fly in Southwest does service Albany, and you can talk to me about borrowing a boat (there are a few kicking around :roll: )
Keep the C!
Adam
Kelly-Rand
CBoats Addict

Post by Kelly-Rand »

I am interested, this is also the West River release weekend which is a great social event in the Northeast. I have just purchased the C-2 listed on the forum and that may be my boat of choice so if anyone is interested in being the forward paddler let me know. Front is left. I am a lefty but am competent as a righty in the rear.

Jim
Jim KR

"with single blade in hand
a C-1 I will stand"
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Date

Post by Sir Adam »

'Tis true, the date does conflict with a few other get-togethers, but between the Gauley and a few other festivals, and October generally being cooler (remember last years Columbus day armada?) I decided it would be best.

Hope to C U there!
Adam
David Nickerson

re: date

Post by David Nickerson »

If it does get kicked to another date, let me know... I'd love to be there, but am already committed to being at the Gauley Fest.

(Later is better for me, I'm on the road down south for Esquif for the whole month of September).

If it's after 9/27, I can bring the full fleet of Esquif Demo boats.

Happy Paddling!

-David Nickerson
Esquif Canoes
Eastern US Sales
esquifusa@aol.com
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Sir Adam,

If work does not interfere, I will be there.

I can bring the following boats for people to try:

Pyranha Prelude OC1
Prijon Delirious C1
Robson Finkenmeister C1
Noah Canoah America C2

David,

I heard some rumours about Esquif working on a really sweet looking plastic OC1 creekboat, designed with input from Andrew Westwood, Paul Mason, Mark Scriver and so on.

Is this true? Do you have any info about this that you could leak out :wink: ?

martin
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Bill

Post by Bill »

If I'm free, I'll be there. It sounds like fun, especially to try some different boats.
Bill from Cobleskill, NY
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Possible Change of Date

Post by Sir Adam »

Although it would be 1 week later, and most likely a bit cooler, there seems to be A LOT of interest in the armada if it was 1 week later. For those folks that thought you could make it (Martin, Bill, etc...) let me know if the first weekend in October (2nd and 3rd) works for you. If it does, and a few other folks, I will move the date :D and post here as such.
Keep the C!
Adam
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

ARMADA DATE CHANGED

Post by Sir Adam »

As many folks have mentioned a different weekend would be better, and most of you who can make it now can also make it the next weekend (where it does not conflict with the Gauley Fest or West release) the Hudson Armada will now be THE FIRST WEEKEND IN OCTOBER. Current plan is run the Gorge on Sat. the 2nd and swap boats on a lower section or Schroon, or ? on Sunday depending on the level.

Please let me know via post / PM / e-mail if you can make it. As always free camping provided!

Hope to C U here!
Adam
jKelly-Rand

Post by jKelly-Rand »

I am planning to come. I will be bringing the following boats:

Viper C-1
Atom C-1
Patriot C-2

The C-2 has offset cockpits; Front left Rear right. The front is set up for someone under about 5' 9". I have adjusted the rear to my height of 6' 4".

till next
Jim
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

I don't know yet if I will be able to participate at the Hudson Armada on the 1st weekend in October (Work might interfere...) but I would really like to do so.
If anyone is interested in paddling anyone of my boats, let me know, as I will probably not bring them all along.
If anyone is interested in giving the Noah Canoah America C2 a try, I am looking for a leftie in the bow, preferably no heavier than ~170 lbs.

martin
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Just a few more days!

Post by Sir Adam »

Here's the weather forecast: upper 60's, partly sunny, 30% chance of rain late afternoon (by then we should be off the river). So, right now it's looking like a GREAT fall day! That said, the weather forecasts around here are always changing....

Hudson is sitting around 3' right now. Chance of a bit more rain on Thursday, which would be nice, but I'm not going to count on it. 3' is not a huge level by any means, and rafters consider it low. That said, open boaters and first-time gorgers will like it as it is less intimidating.

If you need directions let me know...those that have expressed interest in the past should have received them by now-if I missed anyone, let me know!

For the "boat swapping" (as in trying out) on Sunday (for those that are still around) the following boats should be available from the "collection" (and Martin-if you can make it-I'd certainly like to see a Canoah and a Finkenmeister in person!!):

Acrobat (standard and master cut)
Ace III WildWater (let me know on this one please!-it's undergoing outfitting work...).
Atom
Blackwater (let me know though-someone else has it right now, but it's easy to get)
Cascade
Centaur
Edge (C1 Squirt)
Fanatic II
Gemini Mark V (C2)
Groove
Gyramax
Hahn
Hornet? (on it's way, but not sure if it will be here yet)
Magnet
Oxygen
Sage
Slasher (again on loan, so let me know before Friday)
Tomahawk C2
Viper
Keep the C!
Adam
Bob.Z

Saturday 10/2/04

Post by Bob.Z »

Hey Adam,

I'm in for the Indian/Hudson on Saturday. (I'm introducing a friend to Tandem open boating on the Esopus on Sun)

Just tell me how to get to your place !

SYOTR,
Bob.Z
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Can't make it...

Adam,

Sorry, but I can't make it to this years fall armada :cry: ...
So there will be no Finkenmeister and no Canoah C2.
I hope I will able to make it to next years spring armada.

Hope to make it next year!

martin
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Bob.Z (and others..)

Post by Sir Adam »

For those just up for the day we'll be meeting at 9 am on Saturday Oct. 2nd at Whitewater Challengers in North River (purple busses on the LEFT, river on the RIGHT if you're coming from the south in Rt 28 ).

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WILL BE JOINING US-I'm trying to set up a full shuttle for us so we don't worry about it, and I need to get back to the driver:).

So far I believe we have (initials):
BZ
JM
L&S
CW
MP
HD
BS
AP

Which makes 9 in total.

If you need more complete directions, or directions to the free camping, please e-mail me so I have your address to send the word document to.... info@cboats.net .

C-ya there!
Adam
P.S. Next year Martin!! Maybe by then I'll have a wheelboy 8)