New member new open boater

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

hikenmike
c

New member new open boater

Post by hikenmike »

Wtb my first oc1 -used
Took an AMC whitewater school course a few weeks back and had a blast! Looking for my first boat. Paddled an outrage x and really liked it. I am 6'4" 220lbs
Located Seacoast NH
Shep
CBoats Addict

Re: New member new open boater

Post by Shep »

Glad you enjoyed it! Which chapter did the class (Boston?) and what river(s) did you all run? You should also post this request on the Northeastern Paddlers Message Board (NPMB). If you haven't found a boat by then, check out Zoar's Demofest in a month or two. There is a decent chance that someone will have a used boat for sale there.

Good Luck!
Shep
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Post by TNbound »

Might be worth asking around on the Penobscot paddle and chowder society's web page as well. Bunch of real good folks and some good open boaters among them!

Welcome to Open Boating and to Cboats! If you ever want to paddle around Maine, let me know!
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."
hikenmike
c

Post by hikenmike »

Thanks, the class was NHAMC we were on the contookuc and the pemi at Bristol. Headed to the contookuc again this weekend. I will keep looking for a boat.
- Mike
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for, this may be an older design than you want to consider, but the price looks good:

<not my boat, just recalled you were looking>
http://albany.craigslist.org/boa/2995092229.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keep the C!
Adam
jatakasawa
C Guru

Post by jatakasawa »

Take your lumps for while in a used OC1 and then see Jeremy with Blackfly Canoes....he's out of Tilton, NH....and check out the Octane. Word on the water is that it is an outstading big-man's boat! Welcome to the addiction.
Chester the Brace Monkey.
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

Octane 91 is an awesome big mans boat, great for building confidence in play and big water and responds alot better than it looks, Im waiting to take a demo on The Upper Yough before making my official review. I know a few guys starting to do do the math to see if they can afford to upgrade. Keep an eye out for their Nitro's for sale as they attempt to move to the smaller plastic boats.
Proud Yankee