North Branch Armada (May 10-11) Roll Call...(more info)

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Fund Raiser

Post by Sir Adam »

Greetings....

Hmmm....perhaps you could incorporate our little Armada as part of the fund raiser? What's the cause? You might be able to raise some $$ from us CBoaters (OK, OK, I just want more Ginger Beer, to give you your photo's back, and some maple syrup, get a chance to boat with you again...and if Mel decides to part with his Acro, a little boat transport, so I may be a *little* biased :lol: )
Keep the C!
Adam
DavidMiller

Armada thoughts

Post by DavidMiller »

As we close in on Armada time, just wanted to pose a couple of questions to everyone.

1. Is the plan to meet at the take out and form your own shuttle up to the put-in?

2. Do folks need directions to the North Branch takeout?

3. Are folks still planning to paddle on Sunday...we will need to reserve some put-in slots on the Lower Yough.

4. Is anyone paddling Friday? Does Friday-Sat work better for people than Sat.-Sun. given Sunday is Mothers day.

5. How does a 10:30-11:00 "head downstream" time sound to everyone. I realize this means Kalin has to get started around 5:45am. I think last year we got started a little later and as such most of the crowd was ahead of us...thoughts?

6. Are we planning to camp along the Savage?
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

My thoughts...

Post by Sir Adam »

Greetings...

Sat-Sun works fine for me (I'll driving down Fri night)

Are we thinking lower Yough or NB both days like last year? I'm up for paddling both days if there are folks to show me around!

I vote for camping by the Savage again. Nice spot, and the price was right :D .

What every put-in time the "locals" (those not camping) want is fine by me.

<b> Who is our trip leader this year? KNeal? Kalin?</b>
Keep the C!
Adam
jKelly-Rand

Take out

Post by jKelly-Rand »

I didn't paddle the NB last year but I think the takeout that I am familiar with has moved upstream from the railroad bridge. Let me contact a friend in the area to affirm this.

I like the Dryfork as an alternate for Sunday. It depends on runoff for flow though.

til next
Jim
MotorCityOC-1
C Guru

sewage treatment!

Post by MotorCityOC-1 »

I'm sure gunna try to be there, in my rusty, trusty Ovation (and keenly interested in trying out the Detonator.)

Unfortunately, I will probably be acompanied by a kayaker :-? - nobody's going to throw rocks at him or anything, right?

Somebody mentioned a different takeout than right at the bridge. The prefered takeout is just upstream of the on river L, by the sewage treatment plant. It's not hard to find.
There are six countries in the entire world that impose the death penalty on juveniles:

Iran
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia
Yemen
Nigeria
UNITED STATES!

What's up with that?
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Count me in!

Post by Mike W. »

Count me in for my 1st armada! I'll drive up Thursday evening/Friday morning. I'm not staying for Sunday. I need to be back in Carolina for Mother's Day.

Where do I need to be? What time do I need to be there & how do I find y'all (aside from just looking for a bunch of C-boats)?

I'm bringing the Big EZ-C-1. If anyone wants me to bring my Cascade &/or Probe 11 (for sale) I will.

Mike W.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

me, too

Post by sbroam »

I may be heading up Thursday night as well, hopefully arriving in the area in time for some paddling on Friday. I'll need to be making my way back south on Sunday and won't be able to paddle then either.

Any Friday paddling options?

Scott
jKelly-Rand

Post by jKelly-Rand »

The Lower Yough usually has water and the loop is a great afternoon paddle. The shuttle is about a quarter mile for a 3 Mi. paddle. Fridays won't be crowded either.

til next
Jim
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Friday paddling

Post by Mike W. »

Hey Scott (& anyone else), I'm up for paddling Friday. I don't know my way around up there though. When & where do you want to meet?
Mike W.