Taureau Seam issue

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Louie

not PE

Post by Louie »

They are PP with some urathane addative, suppose to be an exclusive formual for Esquif.
Louie

Pe, not

Post by Louie »

PP with some special urthanes, special formual for Esquif, Esquif's owner is an Eng. and he keep his hand in it.
mshelton
CBoats Addict

Post by mshelton »

He keeps his hands in urthanes?

Wow!
Louie

hades fire , your dam right he does

Post by Louie »

This guy is toughter than chinessee arithmatic
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

But is he tough as English spelling and grammar?
Louie

?

Post by Louie »

And that has what to do with boatin ?
CaroleW.
C Guru

Louie, it's aways a pleasure

Post by CaroleW. »

to read your posts. Ever so eloquent!
Miss you guys! See you at the Nationals this August?

Say Hi to the family for us!!

Carole
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

now that some time has passed some questions to all Taureau owners:

Still happy with the boat ?
How about the long term durability in general ?
Abrasion ?
Has the seam issue still occured after Esquif changed something in the production process?

Thanks !
imagine
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

most everyone I know with one, are going to Spanish Fly's... there are a few hold outs, but most every Taureau owner that I've spent time with - once trying my Fly wants one...

Personally I find the lack of a gunwale infuriating, it moves the location for a pry to the seam... which for one is a place not readily available at all times... for two is supposedly the area of weakness... and would also appear to be really hard on the paddle shaft... I hesitate to mention, as it's just speculation - but i worry what it might do to a knuckle/finger, as it just appears to be where your lower hand might be... just tossing out my observations, after a couple times in one.

I would imagine putting a pump in one would help, because most folks (especially women) seem to really hate getting the water out of one...I know their boy friends do, after a swim... my nameless plastic welding friend, put a drain plug in his significants others - just because of this... not saying you can't get the water out -it's just easier... imagine a kayak without one (much the same), it just makes life easier

the material may be fine - would like to really know (anyone out there?)... Of course there's a reason for having several models, different strokes for diffferentt folks (if you will) but for me this design was just not there... knowing some (several) of the guys involved, I'm guessing the problem - is a case of having too many cooks in the kitchen
Louie

WTF

Post by Louie »

I don't think you know that many. Phil you need to come to ALF and get away from that bunch of Kayakers down there in bama. Here in Mexico everyone wants to use a Tarureau and the late comere get stuck with the Spanish Fly. Compaired to a Tarureau the Spanish Fly is a scoop very wet and doesn't boof near as well as a Teaureau, the Fly is too long also. If you are having trouble dumping a Teaureau you ain't doing it correctly. As far as the drain plug that is the dumest ideal I've ever seen, we are too slow as a group anyway and to stand around freezing while your boat pisses a little stream of water out of a 1 inch hole when you got a 3 foot hole to use is stupid. I don't think you have ever paddle a Teaurea that much for you to make a decision. I love Frankies design and respect his memory but the Teaurea is a improvement over the Fly, even doopey who don't know large steaming pile of dog doo about boats only uses his Fly as a back up. Like I said blow off that Alabama kayak festival and come to AlF and try some good rivers in a better boat. On a positive note however, from the sound of your post it was a good harvest down there this year.
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

knew that one would draw you out...

no excuse for bad taste, except maybe in boats (but we'll let the buyer figure out who)... the guys (and me) from around here, all drive down to Mexico - it's just a long day trip (27 straight to the Micos) and we've got all our own gear - of course you're a bit south from there...

BTW - finally got the dates all in line this year... Classic(final race)-then ALF-then NAWFest...see ya then, have fun (my boats better'n your boat..my boats...) off for the mighty Locust Fork... then first-d's next week
Last edited by philcanoe on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

:lol: back to the question...

T-Form Elite holds strong - maybe as strong as PE?
Seam problem solved ?
imagine
Louie

YOU DID BETTER THAN ME

Post by Louie »

It took me 16 hour to Houston, 16 hour to Tampocoa, and 6 hours to Veracruz. I ain't never done the Micos but I have the Saltos and liked it but down here the Creeks like rivers are fantastic, maybe too much like home but I like it. Also big water wide open lower Gauley, Obed, BSF type rivers are right here also. Tomorrow we do a river that comes out of the side of a Volcano and take out in the Gulfo de Mexico, I ain't never started on a Volcano and taken out in the Ocean. I understand it will be a 1st D in both a deathyak and an open boat. Andrew say he will get to my house on the 13 or 14 so I guess that is when it starts. I still think you must have had a good harvest cause sumthin is effectin you. Buyers my butt you know that marketin is what determines what boat is hot and what ain't. Clay Wright of Corran could paddle a dog turd down a river and say it was good boat and half the butt boater would be walking around behind big dogs carrin a pooper scooper and a sissy stick.
Mikey B
CBoats Addict

Seams and plastic

Post by Mikey B »

I haven't heard of any issues with the newer seams. The plastic seems to be holding up well as well from what I've seen.
Still love my Taureau...but wouldn't mind a SpanishFly either :)
MB
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

... good thing we'aint butt-boaters ...we still got to make up our minds, for ourselves