Riversport Slalom August 23-24

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

TomAnon
C Guru

Post by TomAnon »

Natalie, I think you all set a fine a course in a really tough place to set any course. Thanks so much my son and I had a wonderful time.

I particularly liked eddying out around Ohiopyle and paddling back up stream to catch gate 17. Dana had hints for me to improve on that and it went something like "throw a cross bow draw to reverse 16, hold the cross bow, open the blade angle to point upstream and then surf the second wave back up to 17. Save you at least 15 seconds!"

Jim's advice was a little more manageable, "it is 5:00 PM somewhere, time to start drinking"
colleen
c

Post by colleen »

I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to "see" the course, and then go through all the effort to set it up, organize, manage, teach, help folks laugh and learn and have a great time. I had an *excellent* weekend at the Riversport slalom and hope to return next year.

I do wish there were more semi local citizen slalom events. We have the Penn Cup, and the Feeder Cup, but where are all the others? There were a lot of folks at the Riversport slalom and that indicates there is certainly interest out there.

Thanks again to Riversport!!!

Colleen