2010 ACA OC Slalom Nationals

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

gk
c

Post by gk »

Well Colin, I'll be there to be embarrassed by you photo taking as well as my paddling skill. I'm not camping though. I think I'll stay at WISP. See you there but probably sooner, like MACKfest or some such thing.
Lengthy
C Guru

Post by Lengthy »

Wisp also has some very nice downhill mountain biking, and cross country. Lift tickets are reasonable and I think they run the lifts daily. Just a side note for any enthusiasts.
ohioboater
CBoats Addict

category question

Post by ohioboater »

Is the Spark considered a REC or RAC boat? Based on the formula, looks like it'd have to weigh at least 41.4 lbs with outfitting to be REC.

I'm toying with racing, but if my Probe will be pitted against Sparks in the REC class, the outcome will be sort of a foregone conclusion. Of course, given that I have no slalom training/practice, the boat might not matter :o
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

Spark is a REC boat.
C1Dub
C Guru

Post by C1Dub »

Hello All,

I hope you're all paddling your way to the Open Canoe Slalom Nationals at ASCI this summer.

Updated information and entry form is available on the website.

http://ocs.whitewater-slalom.us/oc-2010n.htm

Please note they are in need of volunteers and sponsors so please check out those links if you are interested in supporting the event in those areas.

See you there!

Natalie Thomas
ohioboater
CBoats Addict

Venue questions

Post by ohioboater »

Couple of questions about the venue....

How many pumps do they plan to run for the races?

I saw there's practice time available earlier in the week - are there specific times each day?

I mailed ASCI with these same questions via your website, but no answers yet...

Thanks,
--sean
C1Dub
C Guru

Post by C1Dub »

Sean,

The race will occur at the 2 pump level. Registered competitors will be given a practice bib (included in the entry fee) for the entire week prior to the race. You will be able to be on the water during the public sessions all week. The ASCI website lists those as 11am to 3:30pm. The organizers are working now on private practice sessions for competitors and once that schedule is confirmed it will be posted on the Nationals website.

Natalie
Keech
c

Exclusive Practice Water at the Nationals

Post by Keech »

Your race committee has been working overtime to get additional "Exclusive Practice" water time for the race. We have secured additional sponsors like Subaru and several others, like CBoats.net, to help defray some of the costs. These sponsors participation have allowed us to add more practice hours on Wednesday & Thursday, August 4th & 5th. Even our the most hardy competitors should have ample practice time to become really tired just before the race! Now we need entries to justify all this work. So if you haven't signed up yet,,, Now’s the time!

Keech LeClair
Race Chairman
Jim
C Guru

Additional Water Time???

Post by Jim »

I will be there with lots of Vitamin I. Ibuprofen- to keep old paddlers paddling! Who else is going?
Jim
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

I'm planning to be there and I'm looking forward to it!
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Not sure if I'll be racing but will be there!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Eli
The Canoe Guru - CBoats.net Sponsor

OC-2 Youth/Senior Rec Class?

Post by Eli »

I might have missed it while scanning the list of classes, but is there a OC-2 Youth/Senior Rec Class or only Rac? If so, what day/time? I have to try to coordinate the attention spans...

Also, does the $75 entry fee apply to 4 and 6 year old kids entering only the one race? If so, the prior questions are irrelevant as this pushes our family close to the $350 mark just in entry fees.

Thanks,
Eli
When in Doubt...Paddle Forward!
www.thecanoeguru.com
Jim
C Guru

Eli

Post by Jim »

My understanding is that it is $75 per entrant. That did result in an entry cost of $350.00 for my whole family. The good news is that they are enjoying the facilities at ASCI this week, so it has been worth it.
Jim
Alan B
Pain Boater

Post by Alan B »

I am still in a deep funk for not making this year's event. Hope it was a fun time for all! Until the results are posted, can someone give us an acurate head count of racers, some comments on the slalom course, some good stories, photos, YouTube, etc., etc?
Thanks,
Team Montana's elder statesman.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Last edited by sbroam on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.