Rodeo is dead.........it is so dead

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Oci-One Kanubi
C Guru

Post by Oci-One Kanubi »

Craig Smerda wrote:Precious?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0929632/
-Richard, His Kanubic Travesty
--
Nothing really matters except Boats, Sex, and Rock'n'Roll
RodeoClown
BlackFly Canoes

Post by RodeoClown »

I figure it's about time I chime in here, so I'll add my $.02...

"Meh."
Jeremy Laucks
Owner, Blackfly Canoes
http://www.blackflycanoes.com
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

???
sbroam wrote:
the great gonzo wrote:Well, I have instructed a few times, so technically some of them are 'work boats' :wink: :lol: !

TGG!
Say it ain't so - I've lost all respect for you now. :lol:
I know. Sad, isn't it :lol: ??? But I had to come clean at some point... :lol: ...! I obviously have lost all credibility with Louie (if I ever had any, that is :wink: ) now as welll...

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Rodeo is as dead as you want it to be;

If you enjoyed the old rodeo's then hold one...

The NSR is probably more of a rodeo than a "freestyle competition" the selection event includes your ability to do both oldskool and new moves, hit a ball, run a rapid and is graded soley on what the judges enjoy watching, and the main event is seeing how much you can drink without being hospitalised, and the only people to get prizes are new boaters (who win paddles, decks, boats all kinds).
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
Louie

Post by Louie »

No Gonzo you have got it wrong. I don't have bitter feelin toward the paddle industry in general. Esquif,Parahna,Mountain Surf, Mohawk, Liquid Logic and Jackson I think the world of them. The mega companies not so much. Mad River, Dagger and Esquif I have done work for and they are or were in some case good. Esquif more than any other. I first started doin work for Dagger in 1988 so I have been around the industry a lot I have raft guided since 1981. I might not spell good but I have good vision and a great memory. You are right about one thing however, the Ottawah ain't the Ocoee.
Cumnock
Proprietor - Walden's Ridge Whitewater

yeap

Post by Cumnock »

Rodeo has its place
yeap

it keeps those clowns off the creeks...

I sure hope Rodeo isn't dead...

hmmmm also keeps them in Wisconsin too...

VIVA LA RODEO ! ! !
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

[hits Mark with a snowball]

:lol:
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
OC_1
Pain Boater

Post by OC_1 »

Now i am mostly a class 2/3 boater but i was taught that the boater heading down stream has the right of way and i have been in spot where you maybe couldn't see the boater canoe or kayak playing in hole and at that point you were so committed to the run at that point was no turning back and the playboater still would not make a effort to give you the right of way
horizongfx
CBoats Addict

Post by horizongfx »

OC_1 wrote:Now i am mostly a class 2/3 boater but i was taught that the boater heading down stream has the right of way and i have been in spot where you maybe couldn't see the boater canoe or kayak playing in hole and at that point you were so committed to the run at that point was no turning back and the playboater still would not make a effort to give you the right of way
In That case you have every right to Make a hood ornament outta his arse !
He.ll Hole on the Ocoee is real bad about that. :evil:
For me; boating brings me closer to to something divine, and in a open canoe I'm 8 Inches closer.
...........O
......(___|/____)
............/.............
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

horizongfx wrote:
OC_1 wrote:Now i am mostly a class 2/3 boater but i was taught that the boater heading down stream has the right of way and i have been in spot where you maybe couldn't see the boater canoe or kayak playing in hole and at that point you were so committed to the run at that point was no turning back and the playboater still would not make a effort to give you the right of way
In That case you have every right to Make a hood ornament outta his arse !
He.ll Hole on the Ocoee is real bad about that. :evil:
Right! The surfer is the one in position of danger, so he is the one to clear the way, simple logic. Unwritten rule you usually learn the hard way.
Watch out; that river has rocks on the bottom. :o
Louie

Post by Louie »

We got a bunch of masacuss don't here, they much like gittin runed over
I have to admit, in deferences to all the coal bargers, it just ain't as fun in a Teaureau, as it was in an Ocoee.
pmp
CBoats Addict

short boats

Post by pmp »

Well, one plus to short boats (that most people haven't considered) is that it is easier to fit a short boat in a cartoon than it is a long one.
I for one am very glad kayaks have evolved as they have... basically they are funny looking and add humor to any cartoon.
Cheers
Paul
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Re: short boats

Post by Craig Smerda »

pmp wrote:Well, one plus to short boats (that most people haven't considered) is that it is easier to fit a short boat in a cartoon than it is a long one.
I for one am very glad kayaks have evolved as they have... basically they are funny looking and add humor to any cartoon.
Cheers
Paul
:lol:

[img]http://www.viewmybuild.com/blog/wp-cont ... a_bulb.jpg[/img]

Paul... you have an email coming your way
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
iRolled
BlackFly Canoes

Post by iRolled »

Viva le'rodeo 8)
Team Blackfly
http://www.blackflycanoes.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.astraldesigns.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.immersionresearch.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stingray
C Guru

Post by Stingray »

rodeo,freestyle,whole rideing, what ever you want to call it. It will never die.
the organization part may be amuc, boater will continue riding wholes waves aand keep sinking those ends for ever and ever. some may have a new trick a bar soap a towel and a brush you might as well take a bath while your in those tubs