The Canoe Movie is here!!!

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

bigspencer07
Pain Boater

nice DVD

Post by bigspencer07 »

Got it yesterday, great footage...and at nice water levels......Nolan and everyone else 8) .
OhCeeOne
C Boater

Post by OhCeeOne »

Louie wrote:did anyone spot Frankie in the movie? Frankie, Jamie, and Saxdog all coordinated.
yup, saw him... can't get enough of this movie.
CaroleW.
C Guru

Hey Will!!

Post by CaroleW. »

Tried to email you twice but with no response. Is it better to give you guys a call?

Cheers
Carole
Standingman
Pain Boater

Post by Standingman »

Got it on Saturday, good job Will. It was good to see Frankie on the Watauga, I remember that day. 8)
horizongfx
CBoats Addict

I got It !!!

Post by horizongfx »

Problem is, I can't stop watching it, Lost out on an entire day of Work yesterday cause of this Movie ! :o
For me; boating brings me closer to to something divine, and in a open canoe I'm 8 Inches closer.
...........O
......(___|/____)
............/.............
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

To whom it may concern

Post by Longboatin »

Got my copy here a few days ago, great film guys, great use of Louie, his delivery was classic.
I'm hopin to win that boat though, as consolation for gettin all gimped up wid bells palsey night befor Tellico.
Of course, my wife said she wiz happy I wuz gimped so's no one would be innerested in me. BTW I think she the jealous type. :roll:
Anyway, my hopes of hollywood discovery dashed, I think i deserve to win dat boat.
iRolled
BlackFly Canoes

Post by iRolled »

Longboatin

Glad you're considerin a worthy vessel. If you dont win the boat, you could always get a maxim. 8)

Still waiting on my copy. I don't know whats taking so long, I ordered it five minutes ago
Team Blackfly
http://www.blackflycanoes.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.astraldesigns.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.immersionresearch.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SkeeterGuy86
Select Paddles Sponsored Paddler

Re: I got It !!!

Post by SkeeterGuy86 »

horizongfx wrote:Problem is, I can't stop watching it, Lost out on an entire day of Work yesterday cause of this Movie ! :o

work? whats that? is that where a boat breaks and we take it to you to fix while we paddle our backup boat?

i need the L'edge for a backup boat lol
SG86

here in the south east god paddles on the left and that's how he made our rivers ~ oc1paddlr

http://select-kayaks.com/en/paddles/canoe-raft/c1/
horizongfx
CBoats Addict

Re: I got It !!!

Post by horizongfx »

SkeeterGuy86 wrote:
horizongfx wrote:Problem is, I can't stop watching it, Lost out on an entire day of Work yesterday cause of this Movie ! :o

work? whats that? is that where a boat breaks and we take it to you to fix while we paddle our backup boat?

i need the L'edge for a backup boat lol
I Wish I could Make money off of Welding boats, Fact of the matter is, Welding boats and outfitting Canoes is more of a winter Sideline Hobby.
Printing the T-Shirts is what Pays the Bills :wink:
For me; boating brings me closer to to something divine, and in a open canoe I'm 8 Inches closer.
...........O
......(___|/____)
............/.............
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

I just recived my copy and I'm going to be honest I'm kinda disappointed; Whilst I *really* enjoyed the history bit, having a section which felt like a succession of different people justifying ther decision to paddle OC1 (I have to do this to one of my housemates/river buddies every day) made me feel a bit odd.
The boating that was in was good; but I really expected a lot more paddling especially at the thin end of the wedge; I got the feeling that it had been rushed out before there was enough footage to really do the top end of the sport justice. Maybe I missed the intended point of the movie, and was expecting dream result meets OC1!

I loved the extras though, especially Nolan's segment on the Niagra Gorge.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
Lengthy
C Guru

Post by Lengthy »

I think the point is the personality of the sport, and how much more personal could it be? It just shows that the "top end of the sport" is filled with down to earth, cool folks who are all out there for the same reason. What did you expect, super heros? Are you a rodeo star?
You know what they say about guys with long boats.............. I have a 16 footer!
Louie

Post by Louie »

OK Josh we'll be waitin to see your movie, also make sure you sharpen the wedge before you get to the thin end. I kinda felt the Raven Fork and Linville parts were a little out there, the Green may be a little passay solo............ hades even I've done that. Josh come on over and we'll tandom the Green as a warm up for the hard stuff.
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

You said a mouthful Lengthy... In most (whitewater) open boat comp, it's always been let the good times roll. From the time you arrive, and not once a winner's announced. Theirs (the other guys) is a world chock full of garnering, just to see who's won. With whitewater open boaters it's always been, he who had the best time won. We simply have a lot more winners, than all those other guys. For some butt boaters earn the title well, as theirs is often found up around their ears (head-up-butt).
phreon
CBoats Addict

Post by phreon »

Got my copy on Friday. Great job! Kinda wished the movie spent a few minutes on the stuff mere mortals run, but I ain't complainin'. Good thing you can't wear out DVDs.

Doug
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Lengthy wrote:What did you expect, super heros?
Boating of a standard which made me feel woefully woefully inadequate (like every other boating movie), rather than merely just inadequate :P

Oh and I'd kinda hoped that Baby Falls in a traditional open canoe had made the final cut of the movie.
OK Josh we'll be waitin to see your movie, also make sure you sharpen the wedge before you get to the thin end. I kinda felt the Raven Fork and Linville parts were a little out there
I don't know that you'll be seeing a movie from me any time soon, I'm too busy saving what's left of my Degree to go galavanting round the UK whenever it rains gathering footage; Though I swear you misunderstood me deliberately, I didn't say that the footage in it was lacking somehow, simply that there wasn't anywhere near enough of it.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)