Yo Eli! Question about H2O paddles

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

funkidreadz wrote:Josh are you sure...I thought VE was the love child of Stu Morris, ex GBR C1 team
It is, I'm just being a bit special today, especially given I managed to speak to him whilst thinking he was someone totally different and never twigged (though it doesn't help that Stu Parry is also Ex-GBR C1 [I think he's Team for OC1 still??]). I've altered my post.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

i used H2O paddles for quite a while, but I have since moved away from them. I had blades fall off and once in a while cracked blades, mainly when cold weathert paddling (that would be well below freezing). The H2O bentshaft has, as they use the kayak bent shaft part, the bend really close to the blade and are thus only suitable for C1's. The benmt shaft stick is quite a bit heavier than the straight shaft as well. The team blade is huge and very powerful, but creates a lot of turbulence when sliced through the water. I have since changed my paddling style a bit and moved away from huge blades, my current favorite paddles are Jim Snyder's Rivrstyx. Smoothest paddle I have ever used.

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
wetnobby

Post by wetnobby »

H2o Paddles..
A common theme building here...the blades fall off...as did mine!!
Unfortunatley when mine did it resulted in a nasty hand ligament injury requiring surgery..freak accident.
My two cents is simple...love the feel of it but just like the UK Mitchell and most of the cranks on the market they are made up from kayak paddle parts.
The result is the crank is way too low down the shaft for almost all applications.
Nice ornament though...

Chris