ALF 2010- Who's coming????

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

Good N.E.W.S..... Raining down in my neck of the woods, we've had 5.5 inches so far, and it's starting up again.

Looks like it's finally going to start in East Tennessee ! ! !
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

It's a pretty good looking storm moving through there...
malone
Pain Boater

Post by malone »

I am bringing a old glass C2 from the 81 team trials, if anyone is interested in a little wall art. I don't have room for it or the skills to fix the light damage on the deck. I will accept offers or beer...
Also, the rain is finally getting to Chattanooga, TN...I can't wait to see what comes UP! I am looking forward to meeting some of these core boaters from up north... :D
Go Big...
horizongfx
CBoats Addict

Post by horizongfx »

O.K. Shawn is trading Boats for Beers, so I'm gonna Try My hand too !
I have a Hydra Centaur C-1 Hull Never been Outfitted Never been Used I will Trade for a 12 Pack of Newcastle Brown Ale !
See Me at Site # 66 in the sweetwater KOA :P
For me; boating brings me closer to to something divine, and in a open canoe I'm 8 Inches closer.
...........O
......(___|/____)
............/.............
Louie

Post by Louie »

Shawn and Bob I will take both of them and will pay with beer.

Great news Randy Barnes AKA Big green Jefe is comin, despite the fact he is from Tejas he is one of the nicest peopl you will ever meet

Roy and Steve he is looking forward to seein you all and like Dick and Doopey he remembers you all, and also like Dick and Doopey he can't quite remember Decker
phreon
CBoats Addict

Post by phreon »

Since I don't know who has access to email, Just thought I'd drop that I'm still planin' to arrive sometime Wednesday evening.

There WILL be class II(III) runs right? As previously mentioned, I display all the finesse of an uprooted log. ...Dear Lord, please grant me the wisdom to keep the big hole pointing at the sky!

Phreon
Bill M
C Guru

Class 2/3

Post by Bill M »

Phreon,
Yes there will be class 3 and probably class 2 trips. The Sat. Clear creek started as a class 2 with access prior to the class 3 part. The Middle Tellico is class 3 also and we rane it after the race.
Bill
Tim T
C Boater

Class 2-3

Post by Tim T »

A couple of friends and I will be coming up Wed night, looking to paddle some 2-3 on Thursday. Do we need to meet at Shoneys in Lenoir City at 9? Thanks, Tim
oc1kcwlkr
Pain Boater

Tim....

Post by oc1kcwlkr »

I don't know where your coming from but if your coming down 81 the pigeon wouldn't be too far out of your way...

I'm not gonna be able to make it down to lenoir city on thursday but i'd be able to get away to run it with you guys. It's a fun class 2-3 run.

If your only coming to alf for one day I'd recommend going to Lenoir City and meeting up with everybody, but if your gonna have a few days to paddle the pigeon would be a fun warmup.

Give me a shout. 423 231 2376
Bill M
C Guru

Coming from Al

Post by Bill M »

Tim,
Un less you're going to the Tellico or Little L C is almost on the way so go to Shoneys. The worst that could happen is to backtrack an hour to get back to the Tellico. I'm thinking of doing the middle on Thursday and would be glad to go with you. I'll be coming from Knoxville so LC is enroute for me. My # 2five657two2390.
Bill
Tim T
C Boater

Post by Tim T »

Thanks oc1kcwlkr, We are coming from North Al. We are going to stay in Lenoir City, and meet up at the Shoneys. Bill, I will give you a call tomorrow, missed you Sunday, while you were having fun in Tn, we ran Shoal Creek again. Hope to see everyone Thursday. Thanks, Tim
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Bill what time Thurs at the Tellico

Post by Wendy »

Bill- great paddling with ya'll Sun. I may come back over Thurs with Caption or SPanish Fly. What time do you think you will be at Tellico? Helen may come too.
For those wanting another class II-III option the Oconalufti (spelling) North of Cherokee is all road side.
chuckneese
C Boater

Post by chuckneese »

Enjoyed paddling with y'all, it was a good time and good fellowship, eh!
econpaddler
Pain Boater

lost tribe finding a home

Post by econpaddler »

Don't know how long you plan to stay around ALF, but it looks like the lost tribe will return on Saturday. Not sure what we'll run yet, but we'll put up a post. Everyone's welcome to go with us.
RodeoClown
BlackFly Canoes

Post by RodeoClown »

I had a good time too, but the call of high water in West Virginia was just too much for me to resist, so I had to head back north early.
Jeremy Laucks
Owner, Blackfly Canoes
http://www.blackflycanoes.com