Pyranha S8 or Prozone conversion anyone?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

by Alan Alan

Anyone converted an S8 yet? I know it's a newer boat but any experience anyone?
I'm thinking of one but not sure whether to go for the 225 or the bigger 235. I'm right at the top of the range for the 225 (88kilos/190lbs) but possibly a bit light for the 235? I'm thinking I might be better with the bigger one as a C1 for forward stroke etc and I will be able to weight throw more than kakak anyway. Have a lot of C1 slalom and ww play experience already but this will be my first short C1 playboat.

What's the general experience with the shorter boats? Go for slightly more volume than you would need as a kayak?

Will use mainly river play and some ocean surfing. Flat water work for a laugh!

How about the Prozone 235? I've heard that they made a good C1.. it would be a bit cheaper but the bow looks pretty low? Paddled the PZ230 as kayak and would need the extra volume of the 235?

Any experience or general thoughts? Speed differences?
Thanks

Posted on Oct 6, 2002, 12:45 AM

Fish
by Steffen Steffen

Hi
I´ve only paddled once the S8 as C1 and the Prozone as Kayak. I guess that the Prozone is more stable and tracks better than the S8. The S8 is very lively. You can ask on www.c-boater.com . Thomas there has both boats. He could give you the informations you want.
Bye
Steffen

Posted on Oct 6, 2002, 5:43 PM
Keep the C!
Adam