XXX Conversion to c1

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Twiggy
c

XXX Conversion to c1

Post by Twiggy »

Hey Im thinking about converting my Wavesport XXX to a c1. I have tried c1 on flatwater before and talked with a few people about it and it seems like an awsome time. However I am cluless as how to start with outfitting. If anyone has any pointers or pictures I could proably use all the help I can get. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Twiggy
Ocoee Boater
Pain Boater

Post by Ocoee Boater »

hey...i recently outfitted my wavesport transformer and i got a bunch of advice from people on this forum..if you want just check out basically all the how-to questions from ocoee boater

they all helped out a lot and i basically learned that the whole conversion is basically custom to how you fit in it but you can check out pictures on this forum or at kayakoutfitting.com and a bunch of other places
You can pick your friends
You can pick your nose
But you cant pick your friend's nose!
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

"what he said'!!

Post by Sir Adam »

As Ocoeeboater said, scroll down a bit, and check out the outfitting section. If you do a search you'll also see A LOT of results!!
Keep the C!
Adam
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Well...

Post by PAC »

I have a XXX C1ed out. I'm not going to name the who outfitted it to protect the innocent (Its quite nicely set up! 8) ). It has a modified Team etc set up. :D Easy to do and pretty near bombproof.
One thing with the XXX I did that you might think about is squashing it. I took a lot of volume out of and added rocker. Easy to do and make the boat's performance improve - in my mind at least. It stalls at will and cartwheels without a thought. It's not bad at river running either - you just have to be ready for a low volume ride. 8)
I think I have photos on it laying about so let me know if you want to look at them.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
chuck naill
CBoats Addict

Post by chuck naill »

you can order a dagger c 1 pedestal from Kayak Outfitting.com for $55.