Snap Dragon Skirts?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Matt Johnson
C Boater

Snap Dragon Skirts?

Post by Matt Johnson »

Does anybody have any experience using the snapdragon C1 spray skirts? or any other spray skirts that work well with C1?

Matt
Twiggy
c

Post by Twiggy »

Matt,
I just got my Snap Dragon C1 skirt (lg cockpit, sm tunnel) from AW last week. I've used it in the pool twice so far and seems to be working well so far, it seems to be a pretty dry skirt. I's a little tight to get on my xxx I think thats because it's wider than it is long. If you call AW they may still have some left, got mine for $25 through AJ.
Alden
CBoats Addict

skirts

Post by Alden »

snapdragon skirts are great. really durable. you can order them from davey hearn in DC for reasonable prices
Alden
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Snap Dragon

Post by Sir Adam »

I've been using a Snap Dragon skirt on one boat or another for about 5 years now. That said, it depends on what you want the skirt for. They make a VERY nice skirt, great for slalom, cruising, etc.... BUT if you want a skirt that will NEVER pop (ok, almost never...it hasn't popped on me or anyone I know yet...) get a Mountain Surf. I really think they are the way to go for larger cockpit designs and especially squirt boats with non-slalom sized cockpits (not that I would have any of those :roll: ).
Keep the C!
Adam
Jan_dettmer
CBoats Addict

Post by Jan_dettmer »

I think Sir Adam is quite right. I like my SD A LOT. I use it on my Blunt and on my Delirious. So far it did not blow. However, I think MS skirts are pretty much high end. They never blow and they are very dry. Dryer than SD. I like them quite a bit...
Brooks it not that great, they get kind of loose---but they are cheap

On the river, Jan