taking the plunge!

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin, kenneth, sbroam

griffen_williams
C Guru

taking the plunge!

Post by griffen_williams »

Alright I'm ready to take the plunge into the bilge pump world. I'm thinking a single attwood tsunami 1200. In addition to that what do I absolutely need in order to get it functional. Yes I know battery, switch, some sort of connectors battery charger. But what specifically? What's everybody using? Include specifics please? I'm really concerned with the battery/charger combo and how to wire the battery pump and switch series ...actually I guess that means I'm really concerned about the whole thing! Any advice, wiring plans, parts list etc is greatly appreciated.
GW
dirk
C Boater

Pump System

Post by dirk »

Check the Outfitting link above. I followed Colin's instructions, except I use only one pump. Works great. Roughly $100 in parts.

http://www.cboats.net/media/pdfs/moneypenny/dps.pdf
Austin, TX
OC1
Wiggins
C Guru

Post by Wiggins »

I have three canoes with four pumps in them. My favorite system was to mount the pump, battery, and switch all in a small marine battery box. I then mounted it in front of the saddle by pulling a D-ring glued to the hull up through a slit in the bottom of the box and securing it with a foam plug and a carabiner.

My other pumps mount inside the saddle to varying degrees with the pumps themselves mounted in front of the saddle or behind the foot pegs.

I don't know the brand names, but I buy the cheapest on/off switch I can find from marine stores and the little rubber boots for the switch (I pay about $5 for both), Tsunami 1200 pump, a spool of 14 or 16 ga. wire, a SLA battery, and some crimp connections.

I wire it positive battery terminal to the switch, from the switch to the pump, and then the negative battery terminal to the negative pump wire.

Kyle
horizongfx
CBoats Addict

some ideas

Post by horizongfx »

ImageImageImageImage
For me; boating brings me closer to to something divine, and in a open canoe I'm 8 Inches closer.
...........O
......(___|/____)
............/.............