CBoats.net - C1 B1!
No Flash
Check out
C-Forum Discussion of all things WhiteWater Canoe related
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 4:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:57 pm 
c

Looking for some new water shoes and have been debating the Velocity boots. Does anyone have any experience with them in a kneeling position? None local to try out so I would be trying blind which is not ideal, but you do what you gotta do.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:01 am 
C Guru

JDryden78, I wouldn't bother. Stopped by NRS today (7 miles away) and put on a pair. Way too stiff for kneeling. I have a couple of pairs of either the Desperado Wetshoe or the Men's Paddle Wetshoe, not sure which. Although they are not as tough as the Velocity, they are very comfortable in the kneeling position and do have fairly good sole protection. Of course, I can usually find a pair for $20 in the bargain barrel at NRS, so no great loss to me if they fall apart. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:35 pm 
c

I am a big fan of my Vibram Toe shoes. I know they are ugly but they fit snug without adding volume like a booty or shoe and they give you good grip if and when you have to scramble across rocks for rescue or just getting your boat out of the water. And just be warned you will be mocked for wearing them. My wife still rolls her eyes whenever she sees me wear mine and I have been wearing them longer then I have known her.

Adam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:26 pm 
CBoats Addict

jdryden78 wrote:
Looking for some new water shoes and have been debating the Velocity boots. Does anyone have any experience with them in a kneeling position? None local to try out so I would be trying blind which is not ideal, but you do what you gotta do.

Do you curl your toes or do you keep the tops of your feet flat on the bottom?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:24 am 
c

I keep them flat. Been toying with the idea of a stiffer sole to try and keep feet upright.