Slalom video from Slovakia and Europeans...

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

the martikan and Hochschorner paddles are impregnated with color in the micro-balloons... so the color is in the epoxy. Dave Florence also uses that same paddle, just clear carbon.

But I learned from Trevor Soileau that the Appliance paint works great for painting paddles, it abraids very well, and doesn't chip, but I did like 4 coats. I then went on to paint it blue with a general spray i think. and that held up until I snapped the blade off the shaft... the tiedye would be best i think if you were able to get it and then clear coat the crap out of it...

cheers
-isaac
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.
adamin
CBoats.net Staff

Post by adamin »

paint adds weight....

thankfully carbon fibre looks good.
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

As the new owner of an old Kevlar boat that's been painted, I beg you not to paint your boat :cry: Each time I paddle it, I'm able to chip a little more paint off, but I'm sure that I won't be able to get it all off.
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

I spray painted my paddle red to match the seams on my boat a few years ago for Team Trials. It was pretty cool except I left red marks on my boat after that.
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

I found that if you put a big red dot on the power face of your paddle it will really mess w/ the stroke rate & rhythm of the boat following you. This is a mean strategy to use in marathon racing :evil: Yeah, we were the following boat.
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

mike, just wet sand it downand then do multiple coats, and use an acrylic, it seems to stay better. you also have to do like 5 coats if you spray, and a clear coat a few times. It works, it's just way more time consuming than you think it will be.
and interesting about the red dot... Nic Borst has a red paddle...
Cheers
I get cut in t-minus 3 hours...
-isaac
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.