Good whitewater paddle?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

esprit
C Guru

Echo Paddles

Post by esprit »

I would echo the opinions on Echo paddles.

I have been very hard on paddles in the past and my Echo paddles have been both durable and a pleasure to paddle with.

They are made in a small "off the grid" shop and carefully custom crafted.

They are more costly than some other paddles... but definately worth every penny... ask Santa for one next year!

jim
Yukon
Yukan Canoe

Post by Yukon »

If you go for an Echo which are great paddles and Andy will refubish them, I recomend gettting a synthetic tip over an aluminum tip. I went through 3 tips on mine before a synthetic one which has lasted 2 seasons so far. He will custom make to what u want.
NedPoff
C Boater

H2O Team pro paddle

Post by NedPoff »

I'll vouch for that H2 O paddle. The blade has great initial catch ( it is really good for shallow water in that respect) and is pretty tough. My son has worn out 2 blades -- he does a LOT of creeking with it --, but they are easy to replace -- you can buy blades from H2O for around $50 and epoxy them on, yourself. Just cut the old worn-out one off. You can'd do that with most other paddles mentioned in this thread. It feathers surprisingly well through the water -- better than the Werner that I had before. I like the bend shaft, but I go back and forth between that and another straight shafted paddle. I also have a Galasport, which I like very well, too. It feathers through the water and finds the surface easier that either the Werner or the H2O. I use the H2O for shallower water and the Galasport for deeper/ more aerated water. It feathers so well that what used to be a roll with my Werner is a brace with the Galasport -- I can get it tothe surface SO fast... I love them both and would recommend either over the Werner Bandit, which is what I started out with.
pmp
CBoats Addict

paddle

Post by pmp »

well, you've probably watched the video already but until i get the new one up, check this if you haven't seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMr2eiIRtqg
I'm really lovin' the werner bandit. All three Scriver's use werner bandit and none of them have broken one yet, which is pretty amazing.
paul
bubblestreet.ca
theracane.ca
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

I vote For Class V Been swinging one for a few months and very happy
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
Mike Gardner
Pain Boater

Post by Mike Gardner »

Two other paddle makers to consider are Fox Worx good medium price wood paddle and Cricket Designs highr priced wood blades with a standard or a light weight offering