Liquidlogic Session

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

c1sean

Liquidlogic Session

Post by c1sean »

I was wondering if anyone has converted a Liquidlogic Session into a C-1? I am 16 years old and have been paddling a canoe for 8 year strong. I just don't know if I need to keep the bottom yellow center support. If anyone has any photos that would be greatly appriciated. lilperry289@yahoo.com

Thanks,
C-1 Sean
AYockey
C Guru

Do it

Post by AYockey »

I'm paddling an older converted session. The center support can be great for attaching things to like thigh straps but is not really necessary I never had one and it seems to be fine. I don't have any photos but if you want to send me a digital camera I can take some.

Alex Yockey
Squeakleaf
c

Post by Squeakleaf »

when I converted my session, and huck I kept the center bar support in both of them. Since the pillars and the bar are already set up to work together you don't have to worry about rigging something up.

It also makes it easy to attach your thigh straps since you can drill through the sidewalls of the bar. I put some U shaped bracket things I found at the hardware store through the center bar sidewalls, so far it's made a bomber thigh strap attachment point.Just make sure you get something rigid to stick in between so it doesn't flex too much and break. I just use a small pvc pipe that fits snugly in there. The holes that are already in the hull for the seat worked great for me as the other attachment point too.

About the hardest part of using the center bar is getting your pedestal to fit over it. you have to cut out a trench that matches the bar. I filled the bar with some extra foam that I had so that the top op the bar was one smooth surface, made gluing alot easier.

Just be aware if you use the center bar it will be hard to convert it back to a kayak once you start gluing and drilling on the thing.

I don't have a digital camera, so no pics :cry:
"A doctor can not heal stupidity...."
c1mini

Post by c1mini »

i have done it to my ll session too but u will get a better detailed explaination on either www.playak.com OR www.unsponsered.co.uk they are there somewhere
Hutch

Post by Hutch »

I have posted some pictures of the outfitting in my Session+ which has a bulkhead and lapbelt:

http://www.hinterland.ca/hutch/outfitti ... tting.html

I can give you more details if you are interested.

Hutch
c14life
c

seat

Post by c14life »

http://www.backwashkayaks.com/drakkar/i ... t2_big.jpg

Check out this site. It is a picture of the conversion setup that I have in my session. It worked wonders. You can also purchase one from them.
"Most do it on their butt, few do it on their knees." - Sean(me)
c14life
c

Post by c14life »

Hutch wrote:I have posted some pictures of the outfitting in my Session+ which has a bulkhead and lapbelt:

http://www.hinterland.ca/hutch/outfitti ... tting.html

I can give you more details if you are interested.

Hutch
What kind of spray skirt do you use on your boat?
"Most do it on their butt, few do it on their knees." - Sean(me)
Hutch

Sprayskirt for Session+

Post by Hutch »

I use a harmony LC 1 sprayskirt. It's easy to stretch over the seat, fits the cockpit nicely and seems pretty dry. I've never had it pop but then again I haven't been trashed in any big holes with that setup (yet).

Hutch