A Few Canoe Paddles FS/FT (Boats are gone)

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

mr ray
C Guru

Re: Nice Bell Ocoee & A Few Canoe Paddles FS/FT

Post by mr ray »

cgillon wrote:Do you still have the bell ocoee for sale? Very interested
Hi. I do still have it. Sent you pm...
trodkc

Post by trodkc »

Hi, I'm also interested in the Ocoee if it's still available. Let me know, thanks.
gth426a
C Boater

Post by gth426a »

Have any personal experience in a Dagger to compare again the Bell Ocoee?

http://boatertalk.com/gear/gear-detail.php?gid=68737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mr ray
C Guru

Post by mr ray »

Hey everybody. I am in the midst of finalizing a deal for the Ocoee. Once its all set I'll post back. In the meantime pm me your best offer in case it falls through, as I want to make a decision today.

All paddles and 2 Preludes...and a beater Viper11 still available.
hankrankin
C Guru

Post by hankrankin »

how much for the preludes? viper?
mr ray
C Guru

Post by mr ray »

I have an Esquif and a Pyranha Prelude.

Pyranha: Orange / Yellow Swirl. Beefy (3/4"?) wood gunnels (done by Bob Britt), original deckplates and thwarts. The plastic on this boat is noticeably thicker than on the Esquif. If you go to my original FS post here there is a link to my picasa acct with pics of the ocoee and the pyranha. Original Beluga bags, bulkhead, upgraded saddle, attachment points for thigh straps or a lapbelt.

The Pyranha has 3 small ( 1.5-2") cracks from an unfortunately rough combination of experiences last ALF.
The cracks came from when I was repelling myself and my boat down a bluff to get to a ridiculous putin and the rope slipped out of my hand. The boat slid down the bluff for about 50 yards and hit hard on some rocks at the bottom. I doubt any boat would have done better. Ive run some pretty boat-abusive runs in this Prelude and "normal" abuse hardly even scratched it (I weigh ~220#). I thoroughly believe after the welds it will be tough as nails again. I have a friend who has been welding boats for 15 years who has offered to weld it for me. He says that the old Pyranha plastic welds better than currently produced plastic and he would consider the welded final product good as new. Other than the cracks the hull is in very good shape with lots of life left. $650

The Esquif is a little more used. It has a Bob Britt-welded crack on the bottom and has an oil-canned spot on the bottom. I can't tell much of a a difference in the performance between the 2 boats. In fact the Esquif feels a little more nimble (probably the weight). I think that the oil-can spot goes away when you are sitting in it. Wood gunnels on this one too, though more standard (1/2") thickness. No bags. Pump system installed. Its significantly lighter than the Pyranha one (The Pyranha has beefier plastic and thicker gunnels). $550

I have pump setup available I can install in the Pyranha or Viper for an extra $100.

Viper11: Teal, early 90's. Lots (and lots) of patches. I reinforced the chines with Gflex and S-glass on outside and kevlar on inside. Boat is structurally solid enough for medium use or for a loaner or beginner or beater. I believe though, sadly, that its steep-creeking days are over. If creeking, use of this boat will require occasional patching or at least "gooping" or gorilla-taping, or living with, tiny cracks that develop on the interior. Again, I'm 220#. A lighter paddler will probably do better as far as longevity goes. Beater (slow leak but useable) bags included. $250
acc
C Boater

Post by acc »

Ray, I could not find your e-mail, so am back here to check out pics again. Can you tell me what the height is on seat in the Piranha? I am 5"7" & wondering if it would need cutting down since you are over 6'. Most my seats are around 8 or 9" if I remember correctly. Thanks
jchilders
c

Post by jchilders »

Did the ocoee sale go through
mr ray
C Guru

Post by mr ray »

jchilders wrote:Did the ocoee sale go through
Sorry, yes it did.
col. mustard
C Boater

Post by col. mustard »

Are either of the preludes still available?
mr ray
C Guru

Re: A Few Canoe Paddles FS/FT (Boats are gone)

Post by mr ray »

Sorry for not updating! Thought I did. Boats are sold. Paddles still available.
SamS
C Boater

Post by SamS »

Could you post a picture of the Sawyer?

Edit -- sorry, the picture didn't work the first time but now I can see them. How old is the paddle/how does it compare in performance with new paddles?
mr ray
C Guru

Post by mr ray »

SamS wrote:Could you post a picture of the Sawyer?

Edit -- sorry, the picture didn't work the first time but now I can see them. How old is the paddle/how does it compare in performance with new paddles?
Its new old stock. Has light scuffs from storage but has not been used in water. I think its from the late 70's. It is very chunky and on the heavy side but still has a little flex. The shaft is thicker than a Bandit. It has a good bit more catch than a Werner Bandit and a lot more than a Werner Guide or Nantahala. It was sold as a high end whitewater paddle. I currently use one and I love it. I'm actually torn on selling this one but I don't ever see my current one wearing out and I'd rather have someone else bear the guilt of putting the first gouges on this one :-).

-Ray
martin

Post by martin »

Pm sent
canoemid
C Guru

Post by canoemid »

pm sent