Wanted Beginner-Intermediate WW Open Boat

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Karen Gorecki

Wanted Beginner-Intermediate WW Open Boat

Post by Karen Gorecki »

Wanted used beginner/intermediate whitewater open boat. Looking in the Vancouver area March-April and in the Ottawa area May-August
Paddle Power
C Maven

Post by Paddle Power »

Karen, if you are driving west to east I've got a Viper Open Canoe for sale in Manitoba.

The Viper 12’ is a wonderful solo boat and it is in excellent condition. It is the Mohawk Viper made by Western Canoeing and Kayaking or Clipper Canoes out west. They have the rights to make it based on the Mohawk design (they also make some other Mohawk canoes). The outfitting is outstanding and made by North Water Paddle and Rescue products.

The canoe is light, fast, and responsive because it has a Kevlar hull. The Viper loves to surf, spin, and carve waves. It is a dry boat and has a hard chine that is great for carving up waves but one must get used to it because at first it feels unstable. The hull shape of a Viper would fall in between the Rival and the Ocoee. You can check out the following websites for additional information on Mohawk Canoes, Western Canoeing and Kayaking or Clipper Canoes, and North Water Paddle and Rescue products.

http://www.mohawkcanoes.com/

http://www.westerncanoekayak.com/

http://www.northwater.com/index.html

The Viper comes complete with custom colour, black anodized gunnels and thwarts, gunnel covers, and is fully outfitted (saddle, thigh straps, tie downs, airbags, lacing, toe blocks, fully adjustable) and ready to paddle.
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jpm370
C Boater

WW open boats for beginners

Post by jpm370 »

I would reccommmend the Viper, i have paddled very similar hull designs and think they are very responsive but have excellent hull speed and stabilty, seem like a dry boat but i havent had much opportunity to try test that out...

go for an Ocoee if you can find one, you said you are going out east? try tak to the paddlers out on the Ottawa, they are always looking to sell off an old boat, i was talking to Paul Mason in December and he mentioned having something to sell but cant remember what, if you want i will give you his email contact info
"Now i know the secret of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth."
-Walt Whitman

Post by Guest »

A guy that i know is wanting to sell his mad river outrage, its in calgary, hes in stoon....let me know if you are interested....
i dont know the guy well and i am not vouching for the boat or the condition, just that it is available
Karen Gorecki

Outrage in Calgary

Post by Karen Gorecki »

Yes, I'm interested in the Outrage in Calgary could you send me the guy's information?

Cheers
jpm370
C Boater

Calgary Outrage

Post by jpm370 »

i will find his contact info ASAP.....he says the boat hs only been out maybe 20 times, and is 2 years old.... also i think its the 12 foot model
"Now i know the secret of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth."
-Walt Whitman
jpm370
C Boater

mad river outrage contact info

Post by jpm370 »

Brenden Ramsay 717-5472

the_climber@hotmail.com

he said the boat is in calgary, he may also have pics of it for you to see...give him a ring on the cell or better yet an email, as he is a student.....

when buying it remember this as he is a cash strapped student, who doesn't have time to use the boat, and it is used so make sure you get a used price
-Walt Whitman