Wheelboy outfitting

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

I tried a WB yesterday using a Mtn Surf skirt sized for a Cascade that is actually snug on a Slasher - that was wet, I'd go with the Drakkar skirt... More impressions later -

Scott
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Large skirts...

Post by Sir Adam »

The Mountain Surf that was made for the "large cockpit" viper (as opposed to the standard slalom-sized cockpit) fits fine on the wheelboy. Thankfully it also fits the Groove (better than the custom Groove skirt I have at that...).

I'd be interested to hear the details of the custom playboater deck (sprayskirt) that Drakkar is selling...I almost purchased one, but figured if my Viper skirt fit the $ would be better spent elsewhere (garage's, weddings, that sort of thing 8) ).
Keep the C!
Adam
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Wheelboy Outfitting

Post by billcanoes »

The Top holes were drilled. With a .25" drill bit (6-7mm?) and I have a 1" stainless steel washer and panhead bolt with caulking.

I'm pretty new to cboating, so I was real timid with the lapbelt placement, the anchoring has been removed for the lapbelt and I have used a padded thigh strap in its place.

So one wheelboy has a North Water Velcro thigh strap and the other a padded thigh strap-

I'll be getting a couple DNA Drakkar straps on my next order.

SKIRT-
I have a Mountain Surf Cascade skirt- it fits the wheelboy, but bunches up a little. FYI- It will work.

My hips basically meet the rim of the wheelboy. I'm experimenting with a household vinyl molding for a potential hip pad. Testing glue adhession ability now.

FYI The compound mitre saw worked fine for cutting the paddle.

Bill
MArko @ drakkar

PICS

Post by MArko @ drakkar »

Hi

i dont have any images from you mates. PLease end in some :-)

I'd love to see you out on wave ...

marko
C1 Junior
c

starps

Post by C1 Junior »

C1-Dom wrote:Why do you want 2 bolt holes to secure the webbing under the rim?
The holes will be to hold a L shaped bracket to mount some hip pads, i will be drilling the hole for my straps on the flat bit just behind that. the same place as the straps in the green boat.

sorry i didn't make that clear :oops:
C1-Dom
c

Post by C1-Dom »

Ah, I see now.

Measuring tonight.

Dom
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Wheelboy

Post by billcanoes »

Hi C1 JR.

Did you get your answer?
I can measure tomorrow afternoon if it doesnt rain. for the hip pads-

FYI I bought some cheap vinyly molding- I'm not sure how glue will hold up in the long run but it seems like a potential hip pad for now

FYI I think Davey Hearn had a link to C1 hip pads he carries (Mad dog???) North water is making me some plastic hull bolt mount drings. if no one else makes a hip pad I will see if I can get one made, no promisses.

Also a little off subject-contact me if you want a Northwater saddle and cant get one.

Bill

Outfitting
Marko
Pain Boater

HIp grapper

Post by Marko »

FYI

DRAKKAR HIP GRAPPER DONE. Need to have mold for it perfected.

if you have an old dagger atom hip grapper it will fit WB with little heating and bending. It works even without bending.

Marko
--
Marko Hakolahti
Designer
DRAKKAR
www.drakkarkayaks.com
Boise Bob
Pain Boater

Hip Grapper - Just in ime

Post by Boise Bob »

Marko,

Now that I've put the WB into river play, it's clear I miss having hip grabbers. The WB hole performance needs hip support higher than the cockpit rim. I didn't miss the hip grabbers in the pool, but river current is a different story.

This is good timing. Please follow through on this one to the end and get it available on the web-site. Don't let this go the way of the C1 paddle where it was announced, but never really made it into the market (or website).

How can I place my hip grabber pre-order? Can it be shipped direct to me? I'm looking for the fastest way to recieve it.

Bob
C1 Throwdown--Ride'm Cowboy!
Pawel
c

Post by Pawel »

Bob,
To get Drakkar paddles contact Bill Reap: www.liquidmojo.biz, bill@liquidmojo.biz
Pawel Szydlowski
Pawel Szydlowski-Drakkar Kayaks
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Measurements

Post by billcanoes »

Measurement,

From the stern side flat anchorring point- 2.75" the width was 2" 4.12 from some point the width was 2.12"

Most of the area was 1 7/8" from the lip, the lip does have an indention- I am also measuring to the face of the curve. In my opinion a fairly uniform flat area exist 1 5/8" from the inside lip to the flat area before the curve.

I will be adding a few pics within the hour to my previous link.

Hope my measurements make sense and provide the answers you are looking for.

Paddles etc......
I'll check the Hip grabber option, as it sounds like it will be available soon.

I ordered 4 paddles, but haven't photographed it yet.
--side note- I'm trying to have everything needed in stock for C1 and OC1 outfitting. Paddles, saddles, anchorring strips, c1 drings (I just ordered 60 more from Northwater) Multiple styles of thigh straps. I was tired of never having outfitting available so I went a little overboard. In two years I must have bought at least 20 boats, and about 9 excluding the Wheelboys have been new, (canoe and Kayak, flat and whitewater, so for two years I have gotten decent, I think at WW outfitting, and have made two really nice saddles. --end side note

-This is why I was asking the questions about shaft cutting. It is a nice light curved Carbon paddle with aluminum tip. I'll bring mine to the Armada, and some paddlers with more experience than I can hopefully review it without any bias that I might have. I should have my site updated with more details early next week.
Marko
Pain Boater

paddless

Post by Marko »

Hi

we really do have the paddle ready for market and it is in production.

I will drop some images when i gt good ones .. .heve few from the factory but as it is dusty place i dont like the missty look of those images.

Secondly most of our paddless are without right stickers ....

I will work on that as soon as i have some free time ...

dropping some images to webmaster right away...

marko
--
Marko Hakolahti
Designer
DRAKKAR
www.drakkarkayaks.com
Marko
Pain Boater

images send to webmaster

Post by Marko »

paddle Images send to webmaster :-)

marko

If days were twice as long as they are , we could have douple the fun paddling
--
Marko Hakolahti
Designer
DRAKKAR
www.drakkarkayaks.com
Bruce Farrenkopf
CBoats Addict

Post by Bruce Farrenkopf »

Somebody get a picture of Larry Horne and send it to Marko! I hear Larry is HOT in his Wheelboy. I have heard stories from two other boaters on this side of the Sierra.
SYOTR,
Bruce
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

Bruce, they must have me confused with somebody else because i really don't know what i'm doing!
Larry