Your Opinions about a Dagger Atom

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

chuck naill
CBoats Addict

Volume

Post by chuck naill »

The GTX has 78 gal of volume compared to a CFS creek boat of 76. The Atom has around 60 plus. :D
Also, by creeks I mean the Tellico, Little, and Greenbrier. Anything beyond that is a little past my comfort zone for a c-1. :lol:

Thanks feedback,

Chuck 8)
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

ive paddled an atom for about 7 minutes. in that time, i surfed, and rolled without a skirt for my friends did'nt fit me. it was definetely smaller than the fink as far as volume, i would sa mid-sixties or low sixites, im not sure. didnt have a gallon jug around to check- not but seriously i think that for a person less than 180 lbs this boat would be a fun all-round party animal, in what ever kind of water. when i was in it, i had the water to the level of the bow and stern, so i could do a pivot turn with out really intending to. but it does surf nicely, fast hull.
hope you like it
-isaac
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

If you get into slalom citizen races, the Atom will remain hot in the cruising class, rivaled only by those who can handle one of the surviving Slashers. As a boat for moving all around the river, the Atom is excellent, except perhaps in heavy water; and of course it is not designed as a creeker. I would like to have one, but actually passed a good one up to buy my Wide Ride, which is a dam sight lighter.
chuck naill
CBoats Addict

EZ

Post by chuck naill »

I got the Atom yesterday. Neither of the first two owners had used it much at all. I agree that the flat rear deck might present some issues on big water, but it can't compare to my dealings with the GTX due to slow hull speed. :x

My friend, who paddles a Atom and a poly Cascade, and I were discussing glass boats recently as an alternative to the plastic boats. Tell me how your Wide Ride is holding up. :o

One interesting thing about this Atom is tha it is orange. I don't remember seeing a solid orange boat before. My preference is yellow or red so that you can see the boat in case you are trying to retrieve it. :oops:

Regards, 8)

Chuck