Webbing and buckles..

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Col
Pain Boater

Webbing and buckles..

Post by Col »

Hi,

Anyone know of a good supplier of webbing, quick release buckles in plastic or stainless and also ladder lock buckles. Also what diameter of webbing is best suited to OC1 freestyle and river running?

I am setting up a system in my OC1 and need some bits and pieces.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Misc...

Post by Sir Adam »

There are a couple places to order from on the Home page of CBoats, but usually I want my outfitting bits NOW for whatever reason and drop by a local shop. EMS has LOTS of webbing (for rock climbing, repairing backpacking gear, etc...). I like 2" straps for their comfort more than anything else. They also have the buckles, etc.... I suspect you'll find similar stock at other "outdoor" stores, and I've even picked up buckles and webbing from a hardware store (a real one, not Home Depot or Lowes, though they tend to have a small selection of webbing as well).
Keep the C!
Adam
markdc70
c

These guys have everything

Post by markdc70 »

Go to strapworks.com. They have everything you think you need and will give you ideas on stuff you thought you didn't!
TomAnon
C Guru

Post by TomAnon »

Great reference!

http://www.strapworks.com

I just ordered some items from them and am real impressed with the website. And, for our UK friend who started the thread, they have International Shipping! A PayPal option is available as well.

Tom
Sandie_
Pain Boater

Post by Sandie_ »

A more local option:

http://www.pointnorth.co.uk/

I've used them several times.

Sandie
We are what we repeatedly do.
- Aristotle
chuck naill
CBoats Addict

seat belt material

Post by chuck naill »

If you can find a supply of seat belt material there, you should also be able to pick up some Fastex buckles from a local outfitter. :)

I prefer the 2" nylon webbing for comfort and for the fact that they stay in place better. :wink:

Mine are also one continuous peice with the buckle linking the two ends. This way you only need a d ring anchor at your hips and knees. :wink:

Chuck 8)
John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Post by John Coraor »

Most full service outfitters carry webbing and buckles. I often buy them from REI.