Charlotte WW Park

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Charlotte WW Park

Post by billcanoes »

http://www.mrponline.org/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1556

Here is a link to some pics of the new park-
aargh
C Guru

more info in WW Park

Post by aargh »

Where can I get more info on this park? Such as, who will be managing it? Is it a private venture? Cost? When open?

Thanks
mshelton
CBoats Addict

Post by mshelton »

Jim
C Guru

Race it

Post by Jim »

I hope to see lots of you at the park: http://users.bestweb.net/~keech/oc-2006i.htm
Jim
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

inquiry

Post by Longboatin »

Anyone got the low-down on this place? How much is it expected to cost to boat it? At the nationals will there be recreational runs? The LB Crew is feelin road trip, gotta check out this man-made thing just once.
If AW was truly helping us they'd be putting in one of those conveyor belts in Ohiopyle.
Oh yeah, and biggest consideration, is the facility going to be dry? I'm hoping for a sort of float-up bar like at the waterslide park.
Jim
C Guru

Longboatin

Post by Jim »

I have got to find a way to hook up with Longboatin someday. . . conveyor belt and float-up bar, this guy knows how to enjoy a good paddle! If you build it, they will come.

Reminds me of my wife not wanting to go on trips because she thought she would not fit in with the "good 'ol boys." When she finally went on one and found out what gentlemen and great company guys like Jim Michaud and company were like she got hooked. If you find a float-up bar I may never get her off of the water.
Jim
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

I don't know about a float up bar. Even the campgrounds listed on the 2006 ACA Open Canoe Slalom National Championships web-site are dry :cry: http://users.bestweb.net/~keech/oc-2006i.htm Gee wizz, this is an open canoe event :-?

Can anyone recommend a campground nearby that doesn't mind us enjoying a frosty adult beverage after a day of paddling?
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Y'all are welcome to camp out at our place, however 120 miles might not count as all that close...
NEOC Slalom Rules
C Guru

Post by NEOC Slalom Rules »

There's supposed to be primitive camping on an Island in the nearby Catawba. I expect that will be where most of us penny pinchin boaters will stay and the late night music and hooch (shhh! Don't tell anyone!) should make it memorable like all encampments near Nationals have always been. Not sure on the island camping rules but I camp by Open Boaters Rules. Long live Guinness.
Pat
Open Boat/Open Mind
Jim
C Guru

Rules?

Post by Jim »

Open Boaters gots rules???
Jim
Bob P
CBoats Addict

Re: Rules?

Post by Bob P »

Jim wrote:Open Boaters gots rules???
Sure! The first rule of open boating is

There are no rules. :wink:
Bob P
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

WW Park Camping

Post by billcanoes »

I've heard the islands on the Catawba are private????

anyway, if people need a place to crash I have a small pad- with floor space- I've already invited a few friends- so regardless of whether I/m here or not someone should have a key- I'm about 35 miles from where the park is, though it seems like I might try a open boat rec race??? We'll see-(though I got all excited about possible racing and drooled over Kaz' website today)

Bill
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

Hey, check out: http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/ ... 063153.htm Looks like we may have to crawl across the fence on I-85. I've seen worse put-ins as I know most of you have too.