k1 to c1 conversion

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

hammerhead
C Guru

k1 to c1 conversion

Post by hammerhead »

JUST WANTED SOME INPUT ON BEST RESULTS FOR A K-1 TO C-1 CONVERSION FOR A CREEK BOAT. MAYBE SOMETHING FROM PRIJON,RIOT OR LIQUID LOGIC?...ANY DETAILS ON PAST EXP WOULD BE GREAT!
squeakyknee
CBoats Addict

Post by squeakyknee »

I have a H3 that was given to me, it works pretty good aside from the screwdriver holes in.
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

I have a Jefe which I love and think makes a great conversion for a creekboat. The Gus works well too, it paddles like a long boat but lots of people round here like 'em a lot. H2's and H3's are both good, and I always heard the Big Gun was a good one but it breaks easily (don't even know if there's any left). Also, may want to give the Nomad a try. If you want a new boat, definatly check out the Jefe, it's ultra forgiving and really easy to paddle. The bow stays out of the water well for those "not-quite-there" offside boofs. Finally, the Cascade is an awesome boat.
Will
Kanukid
C Boater

Post by Kanukid »

I run an Embudo C1. Pretty hot!! Not quite the volume of say the LL boats. What I find the defining feature of this boat vs other creekers is the hull design. It has a sweet chine, non trip, running the length of the rails. It will drive like a creeker, but will carve with authority. I really like to dice it up out there. That slalom influence I imagine.
Let us know what you end up with!!!

later
Freakin' Creakin' is the game...JJ Sparkles is the name...
msims
CBoats Addict

Post by msims »

What about the new Jackson Rocker series? The large is 93 gallons and 8'6" which is pretty appealing for fat b@st@rds like myself! They get smaller too....

Mike.
________
New Jersey Medical Marijuana
Last edited by msims on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

msims wrote:What about the new Jackson Rocker series? The large is 93 gallons and 8'6" which is pretty appealing for fat b@st@rds like myself! They get smaller too....

Mike.
Mike, you don't need no Mega Rocker, a FINKENMEISTER would be perfect, even for a f@t b@st@rd like you :lol: !

Another boat that you might want to look at as a creeker for your size, if you want to go the conversion way is the Drago Rossi Critical Mass, I saw it at Moosefest and it looked good to me, somewhat along the lines of a larger Big Gun.

martin a.k.a. the great gonzo!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
hammerhead
C Guru

Post by hammerhead »

GREAT INFO, SEEM TO BE LEANING TOWARD A ROCKER, BUT THE INFO ON THE LL BOATS HAS ME LOOKING INTO THOSE ALSO. CRITICAL MASS SPECS OUT GREAT, BUT ITS TO MUCH DOUGHTHOUGH
THE FINK W/B GREAT - WANT TO TRY BEFORE I BYE!
THANKS FOR THE INPUT...HH
hammerhead
C Guru

k1-c1 conv

Post by hammerhead »

AFTER MORE TRIALS & INPUT MY LIST LOOKS LIKE THIS: 1-FINK, 2-JEFE OR GUS, 3-MEGA ROCKER, 4-OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS.
mshelton
CBoats Addict

Post by mshelton »

squeakyknee wrote:I have a H3 that was given to me, it works pretty good aside from the screwdriver holes in.
Those holes were made with tender loving care.
msims
CBoats Addict

Re: k1-c1 conv

Post by msims »

hammerhead wrote:AFTER MORE TRIALS & INPUT MY LIST LOOKS LIKE THIS..........
STOP SHOUTING, MY EYES HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

What size you are depends on the boat to get... if you are smaller, lighter, you have a few more choices. Good luck.
hammerhead
C Guru

K-1 TP C-1 CONVERSION

Post by hammerhead »

I RUN ABOUT 225# WHEN I DON'T HAVE ALOT ON MY MIND, THE JEFE, GUS & FINK ARE ALL GREAT OPTIONS. THE ROCKER IS OUT BECAUSE ONCE SEAT IS REMOVED THE BOATS SAFETY IS IN ?. ACCORDING TO JACKSON REPS, THAT IS(i haven't seen the boat). I ALSO INTEND TO CHECK OUT THE BIG GUN, MAGNUM 72 & POSSIBLY THE PRIJON HERCULES. ACTUALLY, THE DRAGO ROSSI C.M. IS THE BOAT, BUT I'VE GOTTA HIT THE LOTTO 1ST.

CHEERS! HH
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Well, the Drago CM without outfitting (which you won't need anyways) are starting at around 700 US NEW (see link), so no more need to hit the Jackpot in the lottery, although I guess that would still be nice :lol: :

http://cboats.net/cforum/viewtopic.php?t=5811

martin a.k.a. the great gonzo!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
hammerhead
C Guru

creek conversion

Post by hammerhead »

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INPUT & LINKS. I WILL DEMO THE CRITICAL MASS ASAP. HAVE SEEN IT & IT LOOKS GREAT. SCOTT BARNES, FR DRAGO ROSSI HAS BEEN A GREAT HELP!
ScottBarnes
C Boater

Post by ScottBarnes »

I have been? I feel like I've been a total slacker lately without any internet except at work. Glad I could help.

Hey. I have a green CM that I had unwrapped accidently a while back thinking I was going to make a demo out of it, but plans changed, and I forgot to wrap it back up, and (silly me) I scratched it. The scratch is superficial from the dirt driveway, but I can't sell it retail. So, ifyou are within driving range I'd be willing to work something out.
hammerhead
C Guru

CRITICAL MASS CONVERSION

Post by hammerhead »

WELL I TOOK THE LEAP, 1ST NEW BOAT IN YEARS FOR ME. I PADDLED THE DR C. MASS SET UP AS A KAYAK TO SEE HOW IT HANDLED & HANDLED ME(220#). ALL I CAN SAY SO FAR IS EFFORT LESS, THE THING WAS ON AUTOPILOT. IF YOU'VE SEEN ME PADDLE YOU WOULD KNOW THIS IS A GOOD THING. CONVERTING IT HAS BEEN EASY-LOTSA ROOM, VERY LITTLE TWEAKING! THE ONLY HARD SPOT WAS FINDING THE IDEAL SPOT TO MOUNT THE UPPER PART OF THE THIGH STRAPS. I USED A DAGGER PEDESTAL 'CAUSE I HAD 1 LAYING AROUND & WAS ABLE TO USE 4 OF THE EXISTING BOLTS FROM THE KAYAK SEAT MOUNTS. THE ONLY DRILLING I DID WAS FOR THE THIGH STRAPS. THE BOAT IS VERY WIDE, W/ SERIOUS ROCKER & FLOATS VERY HIGH. I COULD GO ON & ON, BUT SO FAR SO GOOD. I HAVE SPENT QUITE SOME TIME TRYING TO FIND THE RIGHT CREEK BOAT, SEEMS LIKE I HAVE...