New playboats?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

mshelton
CBoats Addict

New playboats?

Post by mshelton »

Any new C1 playboats out there (ie wheelboy), or should I just crawl back in my cave for another couple years?

Also anyone know the url for Marko / Drakkar's new website?
Doug McKnight
C Boater

Post by Doug McKnight »

WOW! You sound just like a kayaker!
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Hummm.....

Post by PAC »

Sounds like someone needs to go play! Go grab Shawn and road trip!
As for Drakkar...
http://www.backwashkayaks.com/drakkar/index.html
as for new boats...
http://www.shaggydesigns.com/ - and yes you would like the Pagan. :D Like the Wheel Boy / Big Boy but different! 8)
So go play or go back into that cave and design something new for all of us! :wink:
Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
squeakyknee
CBoats Addict

Post by squeakyknee »

Problem with the Pagan is that it's composite and He would spend more time repairing it then actually paddling it...
Amiga!!
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

humm.....

Post by PAC »

I hear you there ...but based on the demo I paddled (thanks Shaggy) I think that might not be the case. It was a pretty beefy layup - MUCH more so than the Drakkar (which isn't that bad IMO) and I smacked a few rocks with it (not too hard Gynn / Martin :oops: - but hard enough). The heavy lay up may add some weight to the boat but at its size that is a non-issue.
As to play its like the Wheel Boy but different - I think on the 7ft wave you posted video of it would be a sweet ride.
As with any lay up you have to adjust your style when paddling glass. There are also a lot of pluses to the composite world - I find glass quicker and more nimble.
The sad part is that I actually am harder on my glass boats when they are out of the water than when in. :cry: Storage, transportation, kids... you name they beat it.
Any who...You going to drag him out boating this weekend or what??? :wink: Things are going off around here and I'm trying to figure out a scam to get me out. 8) The boy sounds like he needs a big water fix!
Hey the least of it is he (you) should demo the Pagan!
Enjoy and yours in silly fun....
Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
mshelton
CBoats Addict

Post by mshelton »

Thanks Paul, I thought Drakkar had a new site, that old one hasn't been updated since early Feb. I was hoping to hear some news on a Fatboy or something.

I may have to look at that Shaggy boat but the Weasel is right, I'd spend more time fixing it than paddling it with the cheese grater rocks we have here.....but if it's a demo....hmmmm...Hey Bill Reap, got any Pagans for demo, I promise I won't keep it quite as long and Squeaky kept your Sith.

Anyhow, the rest of you can go back to adhesive and the "identify this broken down turd boat" talk, sorry to interrupt.
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Hey Marshall

Post by billcanoes »

I might be able to work it out in Dec.... we'll see- but I don't have one yet.

Unfortunately no release date for the fatboy :( and no word on the Bigboy in plastic yet either-

I don't think anyone could keep a demo boat longer, but we kept having bad timing.
squeakyknee
CBoats Addict

Post by squeakyknee »

You know I just didn't want to give it back :wink:
I really wish I had it right now, the James is at 13ft and rising.
Big water equals Big FUN!
I'd really like to get the Sith out on the Lower Gauley!!
Amiga!!
Marko
Pain Boater

NEW from drakkar

Post by Marko »

HI

I have something new !!! WAVEBOY C-1

Watch out for the new topic in 20 minutes :-)
--
Marko Hakolahti
Designer
DRAKKAR
www.drakkarkayaks.com