It ain't Louie fest 07

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Al Greve
C Guru

Post by Al Greve »

We are talking March....9th through to the 18th ?

I`ll be bringing a Taureau and my wife will bring Zephyr or Detonator.

I've since spoken to my daughters and mention the DVD.... they're came!!! The problem is they told me its going to cost me!!! :o You guys think you have it tuff.... you don'nt know the half of it! I have these two entrepreneurial paddlers for daughters...and they're only 10 & 12, the next thing I'm going to have to leverage my house just to see them paddle! :-? :wink:
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Craig Smerda wrote:
sbroam wrote:The weekend of the 16th-18th could work for me - I'm pencilling it in on my calendar.
"I'm pencilling it in" :o .....guess I'll have to teach the boof class. :D
ROFLMAO. Good one.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

"Jeaquea said you were comin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll have to rig up an internet connect, I know you can't stay away from the kiddy pool too long. It will be great to have you here.

Huh?....... :D

Like I said... I've a whole lot of irons in the fire at the moment from Feb.-May and I'm going to be fairly non-commital until we get closer to the dates... you better get on the phone with David & MJ soon and arrange for daycare for all of our kids. :D
cc
c

Marking the calander

Post by cc »

As soon as you can nail down a real date and time, I 'll do what i can to make it. I'll see about getting some extra boats across the border, and work with Al Greves to ensure both daughters come with boats, as well as a spare Bulldog (adult composite boat) for paddlers to try out.

Andy Phillips
Owner of Composite Creations
Gail R
Pain Boater

Post by Gail R »

The topic of louiefest has come up in our house a couple times now. Apparently hubby and his co-conspirators have moved it from penciled in to ink on the calandar....if I had been smart I would have negotiated for some sort of paddlin' bling bling.....on the same conversation I overheard that the dimentions of the Taureau are small enough to pass at Air Canada for that windersurfer/yak large baggage guidelines...you can take your boat for 25 bucks...hubby's pal can fill you in as he did the research, probably right after he completes the beer brand negotiations with Louie. :lol: So if the cards fall right I figure we'll be driving down from Ottawa. We've got one problem though...the eldest is a yaker....a rather militant one as she hangs with open boaters, so hopefully you can find it in your hearts to forgive her her sins, otherwise you might get a dissertation from a ten year old on the attributes of acceptance :lol:....... but the youngest is in a splash
thanks for arranging this Louie :D
Al Greve
C Guru

Post by Al Greve »

Gail you know this still means that Stew gets to come for our week of rivers in Mont Tremblant!!! 8) After all paddle down in the Smokies is a family outting !! :wink:

Gail you know whats really cool about this whole deal... our time on the road down there will be a less then you guys !!! Thanks to I 75! :wink: Thats got to be a first!!!! :roll:
Gail R
Pain Boater

Post by Gail R »

Al my friend...now you know the rules of negotiation as well as I and Liz do..... :P this ought to get real interesting come spring yes sireeee...Liz girlfriend we gotta get some ideas flowing on what the boys should "owe" :lol:
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

I might be on that side during this time period, i noticed the gates workshop, is there little/no interest in that? I am mainly going to have my slalom boat, and perhaps a 4m cruiser. but I could make room for a finky as well.
Prost
-Isaac
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.
cc
c

Attention Gail and Liz

Post by cc »

Hey ladies .......your favorite pool boy (according to Liz) thought you ladies should get away this spring and paddle and leave the guys at home with the kids and that "honey do list" ......what rivers will WE BE ATTENDING, so that I may clear my schedule LOL

Andy
Scott R
C Boater

Post by Scott R »

You can count in atleast one Arky single blader, this one to be specific, to be there over the third weekend of March and probably hanging around for a few days before or after...or both. I have yet been able to get anything besides the Ocoee and the natty in my shiney near-new Zephyr so I will be lookin foward to doing some creekin out east.

Scott
Al Greve
C Guru

Post by Al Greve »

Louie what kind of accommodations & food are around the area for us sissy Canucks, any B&B, hotels or motels, that sort of thing ? Or are we tenting it somewhere? We're in tents most of the summer so I try to avoid tenting it in the offseason, unless I`m winter camping. That said, thats what separates us Canucks from you Yanks.....we know how to winter camp. :-? :D
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

al, there are a few of us yanks who winter camp as well, i live out of the back of my truck for most of the winter while bumbing around north american ski resorts. granted, it is alot colder in baker lake(Nunavut) than anywhere else I have been.
im curious as to if there is going to be a grille? copious amounts of meat is good.
prost
-Isaac
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.
Louie

Meat is good

Post by Louie »

Push come to shove I've got two grills at my house and it is only three blocks from the hall, lets hope it is too rainy to cook out or camp. Geralds Steak house or Calhound good back up plan to the grillin ideal.
mshelton
CBoats Addict

Post by mshelton »

Louie, will you make me a sandwich?
Louie

Sure

Post by Louie »

Who is the girl?