It's an OC1... It's a C1... It's an Esquif Taureau HYBRID ?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

The boat was definitely on the tight side for me.
But I found that bulkhead outfittings alone just don't work for me , no matter what I do. Tried it on my Prelude and my Finkenmeister. Without some sorts of straps it's either too tight to get in or out or I get sucked out or fall out at very inopportune moments :-? .
Part of the problem is you aren't locked into the footpegs. :D Either a lap belt or hip grabbers are your option if you don't want to use pegs.
I realize that the Taureau has enough volume in the ends, just getting at it is the issue with the current outfitting. The holes as well as hatches are just too small to pass my sleeping bag, stove, pots and other items like that through :( .
if the boat had a different outfitting it would be the ultimate expedition boat! As it is, I guess I'll have to stick to the FM for our weeklong trips for now.
You could remove the pieces along side the saddle to get in bulkier items into the stern... remember... you can put a skirt on it.... eventually. If not... I'd look into the boat Jan is using... although it is a "kayak" :roll: :D
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

ClassFive Boats wrote:I did the same thing to a Savage superfly a few months ago.. Its the best of boat worlds.
I'd like to see it... how big is the skirt/rim? I thought about doing it a few times to an old one I have lying around but there is too much to try to re-cover. If the factory did'nt cut out the huge gaping hole that they do on them it could be done exactly like I did this one.
pmp
CBoats Addict

re born to boat stickers

Post by pmp »

Hi all
Thse born to boat stickers will be available on bubblestreet.ca in the future. But for now order them by emailing me. (include your mailing address) I'll invoice you via paypal and mail you your smokin' cool stickers. The current version is 9" by 10" with red lettering on a durable waterproof vinyl sticker. Cost is $15 ea, plus $2 postage. (you only pay $2 postage once regardless of how many stickers are in each order)
(Al, canoe water adventuring will also be carrying them)
I'll post a pic. here as soon as I figure out how to do that, anyone help me out with that?
pmp
CBoats Addict

ordering born to boat stickers

Post by pmp »

oops, my email is pmp@magma.ca
see the sticker (with blue lettering) at http://www.bubblestreet.ca/ca/c2.html
Mikey B
CBoats Addict

Picture

Post by Mikey B »

Paul,
Craig's got you covered...he posted the pic on a previous message on this thread :D
Mike
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Just thought I'd add in this nice shot of Eli boofing left at Sunshine on the Green Narrows in his Taureau to the thread. :D
[img]http://images.boatertalk.com/gallery/decker/bilde.jpg[/img]
Louie

Shows

Post by Louie »

what you know, I know for a fact the boat get more attention than the wife and kids sittin in the truck.
Louie

and another dam thing

Post by Louie »

that one will come home to haunt you.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Re: Shows

Post by Craig Smerda »

Louie wrote:what you know, I know for a fact the boat get more attention than the wife and kids sittin in the truck.
Huh?... who you talkin' to? :D
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

hatches

Post by billcanoes »

Craig,

Nice job- I looked at a hole saw, and the attachment bit today and it would run $70 - is there a marginal room for error using a jigsaw?

Bill
Mikey B
CBoats Addict

Cutting hole for hatch

Post by Mikey B »

Bill,
An easy way to do the hole cut out if you don't have a jig saw is to drill a series of holes around the perimeter of the tracing for the cut out. The you can use a hole saw to saw from hole to hole and a little bit of filing and you're done
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Re: hatches

Post by Craig Smerda »

billcanoes wrote:Craig,

Nice job- I looked at a hole saw, and the attachment bit today and it would run $70 - is there a marginal room for error using a jigsaw?

Bill
When I cut the holes for the hatches I just drilled a hole and used a jigsaw. the cutout was simple because the ring that goes beneath the deck is your template.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

UPDATE

Post by Craig Smerda »

:D Hot off the presses... here's the factory cockpit rim from Jacques.
[img]http://images.boatertalk.com/gallery/de ... %20Rim.JPG[/img]
Not sure on pricing or if it will just come with the boat yet but thought some of you might like to see it.
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

Craig,

I know it's kinda like beat'n a dead horse, but have you thought about a drain plug?

And with all the beer, maybe one of those gyroscopic can holders? :wink: ... you know the ones, that tilt to keep the beer from spilling out... all the best bass boats come with'em :D
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

philcanoe wrote:Craig,

I know it's kinda like beat'n a dead horse, but have you thought about a drain plug?

And with all the beer, maybe one of those gyroscopic can holders? :wink: ... you know the ones, that tilt to keep the beer from spilling out... all the best bass boats come with'em :D
Phillip, Phillip, Phillip... the opening you sit in is a GIANT drain hole. :D

I have considered taking out the hatches and putting in a pair of subwoofers and a kick a$$ sound system... that way when I come down south to paddle with you yocals I can play the Dukes of Hazzard sound track while we're creeking. :lol: