'07 race schedule

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

'07 race schedule

Post by Mike W. »

I have a schedule of races for '07. There are white-water, flat-water, slalom, outrigger & triathlon events listed. They are primarily up & down the East coast. Let me know if you want a copy & I'll e-mail it to you. There are multiple events most weekends.

Adam & Kenneth, you're welcome to post it if you want.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

race scheduled

Post by PAC »

Mike email me a copy and I'll update the calendar. I've been trying to add to it for Fests, Races, etc. as best I can as folks post info. I'm hoping folks are see that calendar of upcoiming events (upper right of the screen) and think it adds value. "Not Louie Fest", Red Mo Race, LY Wildwater Race Training, Cheat Fest, etc.

I also think that a one stop schedule would be nice as a tool bar link (but that is an Adam and Kenneth call there). My cut is that the reminder calendar should still stay up for those whom are more last minute in nature. (aka: me, myself and I).

This site has grown so much it just amazes me the breath and detail as to information. Not to mention the nice folks who help, add value through posts and the the site gurus.

PS: Everyone else feel free to add an event to the calendar - you have access and you can make a difference! 8)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

PAC, it's on it's way to you. I just added a race to the calendar. Wow, that was easy. Do you want to split the events? We can each post some so that one person is not stuck w/ all of the copy/paste work. Let me know & I'll get on it tonight.

Even though we'll put a lot of these events on the CBoats calendar, the offer to e-mail the schedule still stands.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

calendar...

Post by PAC »

Mike thanks for the email ... I think... that schedule is packed with events and at first glance I can see it is still not complete!

At least from where I sit! Not to mention not having Western events (I'm not even going to think about adding events with a European flair! We also need to add some info for those squirtist out there as well. So stay tunned....

Oh, if you can take even months I'll do the odd ones (based on the month's number e.g.: June=6) - and thanks!

You are correct in that adding to the calendar is super easy! Hint to others! :wink:

PS: The Wild Water folks would love to see folks that the Low Yough training clinic next month (Mar 10-11)!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Hank
c

Post by Hank »

So, . . . How old does one need to be to get into TOG???

(Am approaching 61)
Kanukid
C Boater

Post by Kanukid »

Here is a link for the colorado racing schedule

http://spot.colorado.edu/~koppg/Racing/
Brendan
C Guru

TOG

Post by Brendan »

As I recall, Team Old Guy was hatched, mostly with the energy from Paul C. while we were enjoying some frosty libations at the Spring Northbranch Armada. While I have neither a TOG sticker, or little thing on the side of my messages (I am not sure that I could even figure out how to do that) I consider myself an official member of TOG and I am younger than 61 (48).
When I first started paddling in the late 70's, there was a group of guys on the River that were sort of mentors and they called themselves the "Old Farts ". I sort of thought it would be nice to one day reach join that group.
So, if you want to be on TOG, welcome!
Brendan
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

TOG is an elite and exclusive fraternal organization open to anybody who ever feels like they need to be on a team or feels old. I don't know if being a "guy" is absolutely required, we'd have to put that to a vote of the executive board. If women are admitted, they would have to be willing to be referred to as "Team Old Gal" as otherwise we would need to come up with a different name (Team Old Being?) which, besides taking altogether too much effort (when we have better things to do) if we came up with something that didin't start with a G, we would need new stickers which is right out.
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Hank wrote:So, . . . How old does one need to be to get into TOG??
You're as old as you feel. Something about my TOG stickers makes me feel younger though. The young folks don't get it & the old folks grin & ask for stickers :wink:

Brendan, I sent you an e-mail before I ordered the 1st batch of TOG stickers. Luckily you didn't reply. I say "luckily" because the last batch of stickers I bought were less expensive since I ordered a larger quantity.

Anyone who wants stickers, let me know & I'll get them to you. When I run out, it's not a big deal to order more. If you want them for NBP Armada delivery, let me know so I'll be sure to have enough to go around.

TOG has & wants no proffit. If you want in, welcome. If you want stickers, you get them for what I have in them. If you want a small scan of the sticker to put in w/ your name when you post I'll e-mail it to you.
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

The race schedule that I have is now posted on the calendar. The offer to e-mail it still stands.