My Wife says she wants nothing for Mothers Day

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

My Wife says she wants nothing for Mothers Day

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

do I believe her? LOL Suggestions?
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Nothing says "I love you" like a new composite boat - perhaps a Rival.
JulieKeller.com
Pain Boater

Post by JulieKeller.com »

sbroam wrote:Nothing says "I love you" like a new composite boat - perhaps a Rival.
I would be one happy Mother if I got a composite Rival for Mother's Day. :D

Julie
Jim
C Guru

Good luck

Post by Jim »

I still get grief for the time my wife got a canoe for a gift. . . but I did paddle that boat for 15 years!!!

A popular recent birthday gift was the "Half the Stick - Twice the Chick" long-sleeve shirt. Good luck,

Jim
Jim
jim gross
CBoats Addict

mothers day

Post by jim gross »

Dude dont buy into her answer . Relationship suicde. Try the fully inflated airbag. Always scores big for me. JIM
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

"....a new composite boat, perhaps a Rival."

broam, do you mean a rival for Mr. Deadlegs' affections??? Great idea, that would leave him more time to go paddling!!
jscottl67
CBoats Addict

Post by jscottl67 »

Knowing absolutely nothing about your wife, I'm not gonna be so bold as to suggest what to get. However, just remember the most important thing about Mother's Day ---Father's Day is always AFTER Mother's Day. So if you want that lightweight composite boat..... ;)

Jeff
oc1paddlr
CBoats Addict

M-day

Post by oc1paddlr »

At least a card Trey, at least a card... ("FINE!!!")
paddlr
red boat ready
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

mothers day

Post by billcanoes »

sounds like horrifically bad fate is in store

-she wants you to know what she wants without having to tell you so she knows that you care about her and have been paying attention-
msims
CBoats Addict

Post by msims »

"A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe." --Pierre Burton

I know y'ins are mostly from south of the border, but hey, the US is just Canada's 10th province, or 4th territory, or 3rd distinct society, whatever. Either way, we paddlers regardless of country of origin could probably (at least vicariously) relate to this quote. So canoes IMO are fair game.
-- Cya
oc1paddlr
CBoats Addict

eh?

Post by oc1paddlr »

what's a "y'ins"? I know "krunk", I know "yall'is" Wanna share?
paddlr
red boat ready
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

From wikipedia and pretty much right on.... Note the appropriate spelling. Often hear during sporting events from chicks with big hair and guys with mullets - always slopping down "irons" (as in Iron City Beer)!
you familiar plural is a second-person plural pronoun used mainly in southwest Pennsylvania, including Pittsburgh, but it is also found throughout the Appalachians. (See: Pittsburgh English.)

you familiar plural is the most recent derivation from the original Scots-Irish form you ones, which is probably the result of a contact situation between Irish and English. When standard-English speakers talk in the first person or third person, they use different pronouns to distinguish between singular and plural. In the first person, for example, speakers use the singular I and the plural we. But when speaking in the second person, you performs double duty as both the singular form and the plural form. Crozier (1984) suggests that during the 19th century, when many Irish speakers switched to speaking English, they filled this gap with you ones, primarily because Irish has a singular second-person pronoun, tu, as well as a plural form, sibh. The following therefore is the most likely path from you ones to you familiar plural: you ones [yu w'nz] > you'uns [yu'nz] > youns [yunz] > yunz [y'nz] > you familiar plural [y'nz]. Because there are still speakers who use each form, there is no stable second-person plural pronoun form in southwest or central Pennsylvania—which is why this pronoun is variably referred to or spelled as you'uns, yunz, you familiar plural, yins or ynz.

Obviously, in other parts of the U.S., Irish or Scots-Irish speakers encountered the same gap in the second-person plural. For this reason, these speakers are also responsible for coining the yous found mainly in New Jersey and the ubiquitous y'all of the South.

you familiar plural's place as one of Pittsburgh's most famous regionalisms makes it both a badge of pride and a way to show self-deprecation. For example, a group of Pittsburgh area political cheerleaders call themselves "you familiar plural Cheer," and an area literary magazine is The New Yinzer, a take-off of The New Yorker. Those perceived to be stereotypical blue collar Pittsburghers are often referred to as Yinzers, a name many native Pittsburghers consider to be a mild pejorative, like calling someone a hick, or a rube.
Paul C. (A Burgh'er)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
CFriik
c

Post by CFriik »

you are lucky your wife doesn't want anything for mother's day. mine wants a new zephyr or zoom. but i already bought her a coleman ram-x 15.5' from canadian tire.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

CFriik wrote:you are lucky your wife doesn't want anything for mother's day. mine wants a new zephyr or zoom. but i already bought her a coleman ram-x 15.5' from canadian tire.
Hope you have a comfortable couch...
sdbrassfield
Supporting Paddler

Post by sdbrassfield »

Hello out there.....Your wife is not your mother folks.?.?.?.

You guys are henpecked, brainwashed, or pw'd if you have been buying stuff for the old lady all these years....It's all in the training...

(FYI: I do make sure the kids get her something from which the $ comes from me)...
SYOTR